Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 26-Mar. 1st Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:guitar:

When you embrace the suckage, rather than fight it, it makes this hobby a lot more enjoyable. Well, let's say tolerable.

I'm there man. I shouldn't complain too much considering the amount of snow I saw this winter, considering the general suck that LAF winters are typically. But the finish has been awful. I guess it's back to normal, lol.

I can already see the comparisons to the "Blizzard of 78" comments are gona go viral! lol :guitar:

Not really as this would be coming in at a slightly different direction and thus from the sw/wsw unlike 78 which came up directly from the south and was a tad east of this and or where the euro has it.

I'm there man. I shouldn't complain too much considering the amount of snow I saw this winter, considering the general suck that LAF winters are typically. But the finish has been awful. I guess it's back to normal, lol.

I'm actually 4 or 5" above normal YTD. So I complain somewhat sheepishly. But with the epicness occurring left and right nearly non-stop, I'd probably take a widespread driving rainstorm than another 2-3" of consolation snow while DET/ORD/MKE/BUF/ALB/BOS/NYC/whatever get obliterated.

I'm actually 4 or 5" above normal YTD. So I complain somewhat sheepishly. But with the epicness occurring left and right nearly non-stop, I'd probably take a widespread driving rainstorm than another 2-3" of consolation snow while DET/ORD/MKE/BUF/ALB/BOS/NYC/whatever get obliterated.

You all deserve one, that's for sure. I'm afraid I've become bitter with the lame results lately here. Better for me to keep quiet and move along, instead of ruining the party for others that look to cash with this one. Good luck all! :)

hope the lack of that storm track continues.

Not me. It needs to come back and fast. Granted i would feel better with a track of say 25-30 miles farther to the east. Only Jan 67 i believe had such a track like this one the euro shows which gave great results to here. Places like Coldwater ended up with a epic ice storm as did Detroit etc while just nw got buried. Had a sharp cut off as well i do believe on the nw side. That is really playing with fire though for here. Again unsure if anything else has taken that track? Usually it is over top of Toledo.

Screw that. This is OURS! :scooter:

Hope so! But its already a delicate situation and brings heavy rain up with it before going to blizzard conditions in MI. Way to far out to be thinking torch storm only but that's the way I'm rolling for the time being. Focus is really only on tonight and late week.. And hell what do I know. I thought this lake week storm was going to be good for Duluth but atm that's up in cirrus clouds on the models.

We are all in the game and I guess it kinna boils down to timing and how strong to cut hard, or weak and progressive the systems will be. Doesn't sound like ao/no will be of much help but that's not the end all..

Hope so! But its already a delicate situation and brings heavy rain up with it before going to blizzard conditions in MI. Way to far out to be thinking torch storm only but that's the way I'm rolling for the time being. Focus is really only on tonight and late week.. And hell what do I know. I thought this lake week storm was going to be good for Duluth but atm that's up in cirrus clouds on the models.

We are all in the game and I guess it kinna boils down to timing and how strong to cut hard, or weak and progressive the systems will be. Doesn't sound like ao/no will be of much help but that's not the end all..

At THIS moment in time the models bring both the AO/NAO into the +side. The epo starts negative and is till late when it rise into the slightly positive range after this bomb. If this holds true with the EPO we should be in great shape as a -EPO dictates that the trough is not in the Pacific but farther east in the west/rockies instead which means systems have to take the low route across the sw into Texas vs like we had with the crappy CO lows which is usually the case when the trough is farther west into the Pacific.

Not me. It needs to come back and fast. Granted i would feel better with a track of say 25-30 miles farther to the east. Only Jan 67 i believe had such a track like this one the euro shows which gave great results to here. Places like Coldwater ended up with a epic ice storm as did Detroit etc while just nw got buried. Had a sharp cut off as well i do believe on the nw side. That is really playing with fire though for here. Again unsure if anything else has taken that track? Usually it is over top of Toledo.

Lets just say its rare to see a system get that strong in the middle so to say. Usually they are either off the coast or plains/W GLC's that get that strong.

Archived