• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For here they both had just a bit of snow, as I recall, didn't they?

gfs had over .25 of qpf while the nam was less than .1...to answer your question, i think 2 inches is a good call i would be hesitant to go more than that right now till i see how the radar looks tonight and how much northward movement is made.

gfs had over .25 of qpf while the nam was less than .1...to answer your question, i think 2 inches is a good call i would be hesitant to go more than that right now till i see how the radar looks tonight and how much northward movement is made.

Fair enough. Lots of nowcasting will have to go on.

This. I've been pretty lax since the split, but you guys need to cut it out. There is enough analysis going on in this thread that you don't need to ask IMBY questions.

I'm sorry if you felt I was one the ones doing it. There was discussion for my area and north/west, so I wondered how Tom felt. I won't ask more than I did.

Anyone notice how much colder the 12Z NAM is over the HRRR (I always forget how many R's there are). The HRRR takes its sweet time dropping the 850mbar level temperature below freezing but the NAM seems to be nearly all snow.

Anyone care to comment on the likelihood that one is more correct over the other? As far as precip goes, the HRRR really nailed Jan 25 but I think both the HRRR and NAM correctly predicted the relative allocation between different p-types on that one.

Models will struggle with the dense cold air drilling into the system...my bet is this trends colder. It is why it has been trending somewhat south over time

Anyone notice how much colder the 12Z NAM is over the HRRR (I always forget how many R's there are). The HRRR takes its sweet time dropping the 850mbar level temperature below freezing but the NAM seems to be nearly all snow.

Anyone care to comment on the likelihood that one is more correct over the other? As far as precip goes, the HRRR really nailed Jan 25 but I think both the HRRR and NAM correctly predicted the relative allocation between different p-types on that one.

Mike, do you know if Mt Holly will refresh their snow map (generally no snow in DE and assume all precip must be sleet)? Or is it at odds with the point forecast (which indicates some snow and some sleet)?

That storm total snow graphic was for round 1 which has ended. That graphic should be removed shortly, and we will be working on a new graphic for round 2 which will be posted sometime this afternoon.

Archived