• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 8-12 Model Discussion Part IV

DaculaWeather

As the case has been for some folks, despite the lighter returns on radar, snow finally fell here about 20 minutes ago and just now picked up a good bit. Strange how it's falling now and not when the precipitation was heavier but my guess is that the air was just having a rough time becoming saturated to the point where moisture would eventually reach the surface.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giant fail in CLT. Woke up a few times in the middle of the night, we got nothing but rain. arrowheadsmiley.png

Interesting. It has been doing nothing but a flizzard with a brief burst of moderate snow for a few minutes earlier this morning in Gastonia. Perhaps you should drive over here haha! :lmao: Beginning to wind down finally but it looks pretty out here.

EDIT: Just saw your post over on the OBS thread. Now you're getting into some of the snowy action. ;)

Interesting. It has been doing nothing but a flizzard with a brief burst of moderate snow for a few minutes earlier this morning in Gastonia. Perhaps you should drive over here haha! :lmao: Beginning to wind down finally but it looks pretty out here.

EDIT: Just saw your post over on the OBS thread. Now you're getting into some of the snowy action. ;)

Yea it was def. rain last night....we might of had an inch if it would have been snow just judging on how it was coming down. Least I got to see a few flakes though.

0.2 here is the total as after the first dusting melted we got another after daybreak. Somehow I might just make it to work ;). Anyway this is basically a fail if compared to official forecasts yesterday evening.

I think this is a FAIL here, too. I probably have a similar amount. I guess it does look nice out there for now (until the sun comes up and melts everything away in like 30 minutes), but since I stayed up so late last night because of the snow, now I feel like crap and don't have much snow to boot. :(

Looks like the snow is over now except for some flurries. All paved surfaces are wet.

Woke up at 4am and there was some snow falling, but nothing accum. Got up this morning to a dusting. Made for a nice sunrise, but was only a dusting, which is how I thought the max would be for this area. This came down to a race of the moisture in GA and the mid level downsloping that crested the Apps last night early on, which is why TN and westren NC lost their snow very early on. The models showed that happening. The RUC was bogus in its redevelopment of a band over the upstate to here/I-85. When downslope kicks in, thats the kiss of death of precip here, and nothing can stop that momentum.

Damn... Had a dusting.....

btw, this was not a fail here. Had one bomb run of the euro. GSP only called for less than 1" for me and that is what I got.

I called it a fail because it was supposed to fall as snow...instead it was rain :axe: what little that did fall. Then we had some tiny sprinkle flakes fall for 10 minutes when I woke up this morning. While I didn't have my hopes up or anything I was hoping for my car to have a little bit of snow on it.

I called it a fail because it was supposed to fall as snow...instead it was rain :axe: what little that did fall. Then we had some tiny sprinkle flakes fall for 10 minutes when I woke up this morning. While I didn't have my hopes up or anything I was hoping for my car to have a little bit of snow on it.

amazing you had rain. I was watching the stormscape chaser in ATL last night. It was a beautiful falling heavy snow. I think this makes three times in 2 years that it snowed in ATL and rained in CLT.

amazing you had rain. I was watching the stormscape chaser in ATL last night. It was a beautiful falling heavy snow. I think this makes three times in 2 years that it snowed in ATL and rained in CLT.

For a period of time around 2:30 AM last night, it was raining heavily in Raleigh and snowing in Wilson and Greenville. Of course, it changed over to snow here within a few minutes, but still.

I ended up with 0.25" of snow.

That's strange. Here in Matthews (SE Charlotte) we had light to moderate snow falling between 12 - 2AM. It wasn't enough to accumulate except in the mulch beds an on the grill cover, but it was a pretty snow with nickel, dime, and quarter size flakes. Not sure how much longer it lasted as I had to get some zzz's.

Dusted Lillington, and had reports of up to a half-inch in Sampson County. But Faynam got too warm for snow and stayed there.

Yeah FAY is where I work when I am not a met and nothing here at all. In fact the roads were almost dry as well. Just a few token flakes were falling as I arrived.

Archived