• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter snowfall thus far...

famartin

I was home (Philly) for the December event, got 9" from that. Out here in MoTown, nothing that big, Events have all gone either west or east of here. Biggest event was about 5" a couple weeks ago, everything else is small 1-3" clipper or lake effect snows. Not sure on total snow, but I would imagine the number would be deceiving. Still waiting on the big one, really this entire winter.

The official for MDT is 19.0". But isn't that outside the Philly region? ;)

Some say yes, some say no (I'm one of them). :) Of course this forum lists SC PA now so who knows! ha

We have our own forum, but our weather is usually suited more to PHL than Altoona, Williamsport, State College, Johnstown, et al. This year we're much closer to them because we've been screwed, though.

Blessed. 59" so far. Not quite Earthlight's 70", but pretty damn good. Had 23" on 12/26, 2.5" on 1/7, 8.5" on 1/11, 3.5" on 1/21, and 17.5" on 1/27, plus another 4" in small increments (some 1" or less snowfalls). Had 59" last year, also. We better damn well at least break 60" this year after the start we had, atlhough I did get 0.0" last year after the 2/26 snowstorm, so anything is possible.

Blessed. 59" so far. Not quite Earthlight's 70", but pretty damn good. Had 23" on 12/26, 2.5" on 1/7, 8.5" on 1/11, 3.5" on 1/21, and 17.5" on 1/27, plus another 4" in small increments (some 1" or less snowfalls). Had 59" last year, also. We better damn well at least break 60" this year after the start we had, atlhough I did get 0.0" last year after the 2/26 snowstorm, so anything is possible.

We've really been blessed here in CNJ, basically the intersection of last year's hvy snows and this year's big snows. In 2009-10, the northern extent of the well above normal snows reached the NYC area, and this winter, the southern extent of the well above normal snows is about PHL-ACY northeastward. I had 72" last winter and likely headed for 60"+ this year, definitely the first time that's happened. Feels like NNE recently.

We've really been blessed here in CNJ East CNJ, basically the intersection of last year's hvy snows and this year's big snows. In 2009-10, the northern extent of the well above normal snows reached the NYC area, and this winter, the southern extent of the well above normal snows is about PHL-ACY northeastward. I had 72" last winter and likely headed for 60"+ this year, definitely the first time that's happened. Feels like NNE recently.

Fixed ;)

Yes, the whole mix to rain along the coastal counties hasn't reared it's uglyness to much either. Until now, but it's more of a rain everyware. Hope we can clear 50" 60" all of CNJ. Nina looks ugly now though, it had to rear is SW flow at some point I guess. Even if so, what an amazing run March 1 st 2009 Feb 1st 2011 - 145" I'll never see that again.

Archived