NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot enough for you!?

Record of 106 reached in Joplin today.

So, in the last 6 months, we've had record heat, record EF-5 tornado, and a record blizzard...

I think we can safely say you've had more than your fair share of extremes this year. Thoughts, prayers, and monetary assistance are with you from Red Cross and denominational offerings in my area of Michiana.

I think we can safely say you've had more than your fair share of extremes this year. Thoughts, prayers, and monetary assistance are with you from Red Cross and denominational offerings in my area of Michiana.

Thanks. Saw an older couple surveying their slab the other day, making plans to rebuild.

Yeah, I can't wait for Fall, or just some rain would be great.

I was looking into Dec-Feb and the JAMSTEC, which did really well last year, says it's going to be another La Nina but probably not as strong as last years. It has been pretty consistent since the April run when it started forecasting Dec-Feb.

http://www.jamstec.g...esearch/d1/iod/

Also, the new 30 year normals are out.

new_normals.png

I am freaking bored out of my mine with the weather.

Maybe you can record several days worth of forecasts, and then come over here and help me irrigate all the new trees and plantings spread over 10 acres. :lol: Trash cans of water in the front end loader is the best we could muster, and some areas via long hose.

We thought we were pretty smart getting everything in the ground in April, but after this, no new plantings til after these are fully established. :axe:

Maybe you can record several days worth of forecasts, and then come over here and help me irrigate all the new trees and plantings spread over 10 acres. :lol: Trash cans of water in the front end loader is the best we could muster, and some areas via long hose.

We thought we were pretty smart getting everything in the ground in April, but after this, no new plantings til after these are fully established. :axe:

yeah I planted some grass in early May, thinking it would rain until late June or early July before the dry weather set in. Nope :(

I've had to keep it watered every day and I've missed a few days and it's turned brown. I don't think I've mowed in like a month, lol.

Checking in from Monett. Nothing new here can't wait for some fall weather and football season. Interesting on the climate normals is that S'Field has shed 3" off it's annual snowfall totals. Not at all surprising though after some of the snow drought winters during the 2000's. Everybody take care of yourselves during this next few weeks.

Well guys in swmo looks like our forecast from Brian Davis @ KOAM Tv in Pburg Kan is saying the next week , normal continued hot and crappy with a very slight chance of a rain dot on the friveway if any of us get lucky here in swmo .. lol Have a great weekend guys and stay cool and hydrated , I am off to the talbot conservation area for a hunt for feral hogs and some map reading session with my unit the 3rd/8th missouri..

We got one of those pop up storms a few minutes ago. More of a morale booster than anything else, quick 15 degree drop in temp was nice though. Probably .02-.03 of an inch at most. Went to check the rain gauge because nothing was registering electronically and apparently birds had dropped some seeds plugging up the hole to the tipping bucket.

Well it's hot....

Even winter is looking warm with equal chances of above or below normal precip. The drought is sticking tough in Texas.

off05_temp.gif\\

CFS has a nina-like look with the best precip off to our east.

usPrecSea.gif

We haven't had any rain here since July 13 and even then it was less than .3" ! My precip total so far for July is .45" ! It is dry in these parts even though it has rained all around us. I am hoping we get some precip this afternoon or tomorrow.

It rained here.. lightning and thunder.. it was great!

BTW, if you are online now, take a look at the springfield radar loop between 1935 and 2014 and it looks like a nuclear bomb went off with outflow 360 degrees around that storm just east of springfield.

It rained here.. lightning and thunder.. it was great!

BTW, if you are online now, take a look at the springfield radar loop between 1935 and 2014 and it looks like a nuclear bomb went off with outflow 360 degrees around that storm just east of springfield.

That's pretty cool:

http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=SGF&brand=wui&num=10&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0.317&noclutter=0&t=1311972732&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map.y=240&centerx=374&centery=186&transx=-26&transy=-54&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=0

Fort Smith hit 111 yesterday. Fires are popping up in the area a lot. It's getting a little scary around here.

Joplin has hit 109 so far. I witnessed a fire the day before yesterday. No idea how far it was away though since I was looking down the path of the tornado and you can see a long long way.

Archived