Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So spfldnews or jomo does it look like we are going to get our butts handed to us to us with the strong tornadic action around the Jolin Spfld metro areas ?? lol should I just move into my storm shelter during the afternoon tomorrow ? anyway just curious as to what it looks like for us here the joplin area, like a string of sups and tors or more likely a qlcs here ??

So spfldnews or jomo does it look like we are going to get our butts handed to us to us with the strong tornadic action around the Jolin Spfld metro areas ?? lol should I just move into my storm shelter during the afternoon tomorrow ? anyway just curious as to what it looks like for us here the joplin area, like a string of sups and tors or more likely a qlcs here ??

It depends. If storms can break the cap tomorrow afternoon/evening then there will be some discrete supercells that may really be bad. If they don't break the cap then we may see storms fire along the front to our west as it advances east. This would be a squall line type situation with possible embedded supercells that may contain tornadoes.

So, will we see additional storms fire up along the cold front later tonight or is this it?

this is the front pushing through now. So severe weather is over once the line moves through pretty much.

The RUC wants to have some precip behind the front with temps in the 30-35 degree range, and the NAM even shows some snow under an inch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone how isit today with all of us is the swmo sekan neok nwark thread ? Just wondering if it is going to be too warm for any real winter precip tonight and tomorrow, since cramer at the nws ksgf office thinks that way too ? just wanted to get all of your thoughts here on this deal..

Winter weather advisory just issued here until 4pm this afternoon. Its been a mix of fat wet snowflakes and rain since 1am or so. Right now its the same heavy rainy drops and heavy wet snow flakes. Springfield expects a dusting of snow and minor ice accumulations through the afternoon. Funny lows were expected to remain around 37 and its almost 32 out there this early am. Just when you think spring is here lol, welcome to the crazy midwest weather!

So is the almanac blizzard coming this weekend?!? Euro trended south with this weekends low pressure and cold air moving now across the MO/AR border. DGEX dumps a lot of snow here lol.

wow, I wasn't expecting that. Think it'll happen?

12z Euro has gone away from the 0z solution and has backed off a bit now. Who knows at this point. Wouldnt surprise me to see something here in the next week though. After these warm days I'm not too excited about any kind of winter possibilities though.

Yea man hard to believe and even see snow chances from sunday night into monday night now! Come on im ready for spring I hope this wasnt a teaser what we been getting lately lol. Looks like a possible slop bag as of right now....way to far off though....craziness once again

Archived