• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

Time to resurrect this thread back to the front page even though things are about as dull as can be right now. Anybody else getting the feeling that unless we see a good pattern shift snow chances are going to be few and far between this winter? Drought just continues to worsen in this part of the state. Hoping for a big turnaround soon. Everybody take care now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking like Nate is gonna visit somewhere else unfortunately. On a brighter note the middle to end of the week is looking more promising for some general rainfall across the area so hopefully this is a change coming for us.

I went ahead and rolled the dice and spread my fall grass seed out where we had some excavation after it stopped raining. I don't want to spend the winter looking at an expanse of hay with the occasional ugly weed popping through for the next 7 months. Watering it is possible, but it is a big area and I don't have the patience for yet more watering after all I have done this summer lol. :arrowhead: Mother Nature is going to have to water this on her own, or I will just try again in the spring. :lol:

I went ahead and rolled the dice and spread my fall grass seed out where we had some excavation after it stopped raining. I don't want to spend the winter looking at an expanse of hay with the occasional ugly weed popping through for the next 7 months. Watering it is possible, but it is a big area and I don't have the patience for yet more watering after all I have done this summer lol. :arrowhead: Mother Nature is going to have to water this on her own, or I will just try again in the spring. :lol:

I planted seed in early May, thinking that it usually doesn't get hot until July/August and I could just water it in between rains. Most of it was dead at the end of June. :(

More drought-busting going on across the region this morning with a nice slow rain in progress. Had 5" this past weekend and prolly close to 3/4" so far today. Hopefully the dry cycle is broken.

Ive had over 5" of rain also in the last week or 2. Fall is here after such a long hot summer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Accuweather winter forecast is out. "More Ice than snow" in our region. Analog years below......For SGF CWA....2008-2009 was boring. 2007-2008 was year of the ice storm and the tornado outbreak in January. The other years vary wildly on temps and precip and Springfield doesn't go back past 2002 on their events.

*Our recent Analog years are 2008-2009 (double weighted), 2007-08,1996-97, 1999-00, 2000-01. Look to your snowfall totals those years, esp. 2008-2009, to get an idea of what we expect this year.

Accuweather winter forecast is out. "More Ice than snow" in our region. Analog years below......For SGF CWA....2008-2009 was boring. 2007-2008 was year of the ice storm and the tornado outbreak in January. The other years vary wildly on temps and precip and Springfield doesn't go back past 2002 on their events.

*Our recent Analog years are 2008-2009 (double weighted), 2007-08,1996-97, 1999-00, 2000-01. Look to your snowfall totals those years, esp. 2008-2009, to get an idea of what we expect this year.

Though I dont really buy into their long range stuff....I have been thinking to myself, the same thing. Lots of ice maybe!!! Last time I saw a hot summer like this one was when we first moved back to Missouri here in 06. 06 and 07 were nastyyyyy years for ice storms. I hope not though. As beautiful the stuff is it sure doesnt make things fun!! And btw hows things going there JoMo? Im so ready for winter!

Though I dont really buy into their long range stuff....I have been thinking to myself, the same thing. Lots of ice maybe!!! Last time I saw a hot summer like this one was when we first moved back to Missouri here in 06. 06 and 07 were nastyyyyy years for ice storms. I hope not though. As beautiful the stuff is it sure doesnt make things fun!! And btw hows things going there JoMo? Im so ready for winter!

I'm a snow fan myself, big fat flakes coming down heavily would be great.

Things are going well. Lot of rebuilding going on in the area just to my south. It's coming back a little slower elsewhere. Getting ready for the Extreme Makeover Home Edition build on Oct 19th.

I'm a snow fan myself, big fat flakes coming down heavily would be great.

Things are going well. Lot of rebuilding going on in the area just to my south. It's coming back a little slower elsewhere. Getting ready for the Extreme Makeover Home Edition build on Oct 19th.

Me to I dont like the ice storms. I can never be prepared for one of those things!!! Generators and all that other stuff just cost alot of dough. 100 percent snow and severe weather freak myself. Giant dry snow flakes that pile up fast is what I prefer....dont really like the wind so I can do without that in a snow storm. And of course whiteout conditions haha

Me to I dont like the ice storms. I can never be prepared for one of those things!!! Generators and all that other stuff just cost alot of dough. 100 percent snow and severe weather freak myself. Giant dry snow flakes that pile up fast is what I prefer....dont really like the wind so I can do without that in a snow storm. And of course whiteout conditions haha

I'm not a fan of severe weather, lol

Might see some frost of maybe even a freeze later this week!

I'm not a fan of severe weather, lol

Might see some frost of maybe even a freeze later this week!

Yep thats what I was just reading as well. And yea im sure you arent a fan of severe weather anymore, you have a good reason not to be now lol. I was hoping it would be a tad bit warmer this week coming up cause we are going on vacation to branson for a few days. Mother nature has great timing lol

Yep thats what I was just reading as well. And yea im sure you arent a fan of severe weather anymore, you have a good reason not to be now lol. I was hoping it would be a tad bit warmer this week coming up cause we are going on vacation to branson for a few days. Mother nature has great timing lol

Yep, colder air moving in. The winds are really gusty tonight ahead of the post-frontal storms and people are a little scared.

Last winter wasn't all that good, just had the blizzard really otherwise we would have been below normal.

Good point... that being said, there are more powerful systems in this year's LRC than I have ever seen in the past... plus, the La Niña looks to be cooperating with it's extreme east-basedness (just wait a week or two for that to really take off), and the MJO and other indicators seem to point toward an active (for a Niña, anyway) STJ and a Pineapple Express pattern, in addition to the supercharged polar jet.

Archived