TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

627 PM CDT SAT OCT 22 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TULSA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

OKFUSKEE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA

* UNTIL 700 PM CDT

* AT 626 PM CDT...NWS METEOROLOGISTS AND STORM SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING

A VERY DANGEROUS TORNADO LOCATED 2 MILES NORTHEAST OF BOLEY...

MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH. A TORNADO HAS BEEN CONFIRMED...TAKE COVER

NOW!

* SOME LOCATIONS IN OR NEAR THE PATH OF THIS STORM INCLUDE...

CASTLE...OKEMAH...PHAROAH...CLEARVIEW AND WELEETKA.

THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 40 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 215 AND 231.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF YOU ARE NEAR THE PATH OF THIS STORM...TAKE COVER NOW! IF NO

UNDERGROUND SHELTER IS AVAILABLE MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE

LOWEST FLOOR. MOBILE HOMES AND VEHICLES SHOULD BE ABANDONED FOR MORE

SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. AVOID WINDOWS!

The GFS has been showing a decent setup next week in the lower Midwest and part of the Plains for a major rain event. Its something to keep an eye on...lots going for it right now to be a big deal, unless it becomes more progressive, which is still possible. Looks like several rounds over the stalled boundary somewhere in this region, before possibly closing off and moving east as another upper low.

post-38-0-76972600-1320278281.jpg

We could really use the rain FoothillsNC.

NwWhiteOut, yeah if you are awake early in the AM, you may see some snowflakes mixed in.

Well it looks like just north and west of where I had the heart of it drawn. The GFS and ECMWF agree pretty well for the beginning of it on Monday with broad sw flow, then the strong 5h system comes out and lifts the boundary west toward nw MO and KS, Iowa and MN, meanwhile the splitting jet could be a severe maker in southern MO and se KS, Ok. As it wraps up, snow on the nw side for Mn, Ia and probably northern MO gets flakes, and a potential big wind maker. Atleast though some rains though. The ECMWF puts down 1.75" and more in a huge swath from Ok and north and east toward Wisconsin.

post-38-0-35929600-1320348651.gif

post-38-0-74796600-1320348667.gif

Felt nothing here, you? Only thing I felt was a cold dog nose waking me up for a morning walk lol

Nah I fell asleep before it happened. I guess some people did report feeling it in the area though.

Looks like we are going to get a lot of rain.

Nah I fell asleep before it happened. I guess some people did report feeling it in the area though.

Looks like we are going to get a lot of rain.

Yea looks like allready a couple inches almost has fallen here in my neck of the woods! Its much needed though. Its off and on type stuff but when it comes down it really comes down. I wonder if anyone else on the boards here is having problems posting? Everytime I go to post it doesnt go through and the first few times I had to retype crap lol....now Im copying and pasting what I write in the reply section just in case lol. Seems like if I preview first sometimes it will go through. I been watching dougs blog writeups waiting for his winter report to come in! Looks like it will be a few weeks still

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1783354.html

Climate scientist: Missouri in for another harsh winter

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Those still shuddering from bitter memories of an unusually frigid winter last year better prepare for some more bad news.This week, an atmospheric scientist from the University of Missouri predicted another extremely cold and snowy winter for Missouri as multiple factors are likely to cause cold weather fronts to stall over the Midwest this season.

More info at the link ^^

Thats an interesting writeup you found there jomo....of course I dont believe anything until I see it happen with my own 2 eyes but it does sound to make sense, even to a weather noob like me lol. Hell I been on these forums with you guys for what 5 years now and I still cant comprehend didly squat in my short term memory lol.

Thats an interesting writeup you found there jomo....of course I dont believe anything until I see it happen with my own 2 eyes but it does sound to make sense, even to a weather noob like me lol. Hell I been on these forums with you guys for what 5 years now and I still cant comprehend didly squat in my short term memory lol.

Tonights long range GFS would be interesting just NW of our area. It's not going to happen, but if that type of pattern holds, it would be an ice stormy type of pattern later on in the year. Numerous waves ejecting out of the southwest causing precip to overrun a stalled out front somewhere over the area. If you're a believer in cycles, it would be good.

Tonights long range GFS would be interesting just NW of our area. It's not going to happen, but if that type of pattern holds, it would be an ice stormy type of pattern later on in the year. Numerous waves ejecting out of the southwest causing precip to overrun a stalled out front somewhere over the area. If you're a believer in cycles, it would be good.

I dont know man, as I said earlier my gut tells me we are in for ice storms this year we will see. This kinda reminds me of 2006-07 so far, hot summer and a ice stormy winter on those years. Though I think it was alot colder in november in those years i cant remember lol. I need to start writing crap down! haha

News from this Kansas City Met is not as harsh, compared to the Mizzou scientist, if you are tired of cold. He fades the blocking somewhat but does go above normal precip in KC with an active jet stream. I like his forecast over here in the Southeast: Cold mid-South; mild Deep South; Tennessee Valley split personality. His cold Upper Midwest looks good. Risk is prolly colder in the central Plains but I'd also put my chips on normal temps in KC.

http://weatherblog.nbcactionnews.com/

Link is time sensitive. Please find the Winter Forecast posted on November 14. Enjoy!

News from this Kansas City Met is not as harsh, compared to the Mizzou scientist, if you are tired of cold. He fades the blocking somewhat but does go above normal precip in KC with an active jet stream. I like his forecast over here in the Southeast: Cold mid-South; mild Deep South; Tennessee Valley split personality. His cold Upper Midwest looks good. Risk is prolly colder in the central Plains but I'd also put my chips on normal temps in KC.

http://weatherblog.nbcactionnews.com/

Link is time sensitive. Please find the Winter Forecast posted on November 14. Enjoy!

Interesting read, thanks for posting. This is Gary Lezak, of LRC fame.

Doug Heady (who also believes in cycles) will have his winter forecast tonight on KOAM at 6 & 10.

Archived