joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Welcome to Americanwx!

Rib

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American started working on my iPhone yesterday evening. Still doesn't work on my office computer. It's not being blocked. It just says site not found.

Changing my DNS servers fixed the problem for me. Before, I was using google's DNS server and now I am using verizon. Both are quick and are never down.

To anyone who doesn't know and who was a member of WWBB back in the day there is a skin you can select in your profile that gives the appearance that WWBB had in it's heyday. I have done this as I joined there in Feb 2001 when the great migration from The Weather Channel Winter 2000 boards occurred. That was the beginning for me as far as Weather discussion boards go. So if anyone wants a blast from the past and maybe shed a tear or two, flip on that WWBB throwback skin that we can all choose from our profiles or select it from the dropdown at the bottom left of the page of any forum.

You might have a new screen name, but I'd recognize that location anywhere.

I should edit mine to add that I'm 4 miles S of NXX.

Yeah, I'm the "member formerly known as 'yetibucks', but we've been talking about relocating, possibly outside Bucks county,

so while I had the opportunity, I figured I'd move to a less geo-centric screen name.

It may or may not happen, or it might be a few years yet, but I needed to be prepared! I'm getting to that "downsizing age".

I'm enjoying our slice of snow before the raw rain arrives later.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW ! I found you guys ! It took me long enough! Darker Blue.... More Laughs .... Less Filling .... Tastes Great! :-)

Anyway, as much as I am more of a lurker than a poster, although last year I did post a few times.... I mean who couldn't ! Thundersnow and endless shoveling! I want to say how happy I am to see the crew, which I thought had gone into cyber heaven.

Cheers! To US!

[quote name='Wx4Me' timestamp='1291428225' post='62861'

WOW ! I found you guys ! It took me long enough! Darker Blue.... More Laughs .... Less Filling .... Tastes Great! :-)

Anyway, as much as I am more of a lurker than a poster, although last year I did post a few times.... I mean who couldn't ! Thundersnow and endless shoveling! I want to say how happy I am to see the crew, which I thought had gone into cyber heaven.

Cheers! To US!

Welcome!

BTW, you can go back to "Eastern" colors via the menu on the lower left (choose "Eastern Throwback")

Welcome!

BTW, you can go back to "Eastern" colors via the menu on the lower left (choose "Eastern Throwback")

Ray,

Really like the options... old school on the WWBB .... Thanks for the heads up... but, I'm stickin to the dark blue :-)

I hope you get to fly in this year for a great storm!

So this is where everybody went!

Long-time easternuswx Lurker... sticking my head up just long enough to wave at y'all, then back to my regularly-scheduled place in the background :D

Just eyeballing your location in your profile, are you on the tarmac or more towards the grass? If you are on the grass, is your temperature several degrees cooler?

:snowman:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived