Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
PHL CWA JAN 26/27 OBS and Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do we have as an overall consensus for the 0z runs so far (GFS, NAM, RGEM)? 5-8"?

i'll answer this since we basically have the same backyard.

SREF/REGM/GFS all are consistent with their previous runs. NAM is drier, but still 0.68".

The others I don't have exact numbers for, but SREFs are about 0.75-1.00, RGEM is around 1.00, and the GFS is 0.75-1.00.

So I say we're looking very good.

can we discuss tomorrow morning's "surprise" snow?

the 01z HRRR and 02z RUC agree on mod/heavy snows from 5-9am. I don't know where to access total qpf for the RUC (if it exists at all) but like I said, the HRRR drops 0.25-0.50 by 15z, which it says is 2-3" of snow (3-4" in a small part of Chesco)

With temps already below freezing, this could be dangerous for tomorrow's AM commute if under-forecast...

the 01z HRRR and 02z RUC agree on mod/heavy snows from 5-9am. I don't know where to access total qpf for the RUC (if it exists at all) but like I said, the HRRR drops 0.25-0.50 by 15z, which it says is 2-3" of snow (3-4" in a small part of Chesco)

With temps already below freezing, this could be dangerous for tomorrow's AM commute if under-forecast...

Agreed, almost every model (if not all) show some QPF by 12z and (light) additional before 18z. Could be a mess if it plays out and will catch alot of people (me included, until now) off guard.

Yeah, agreed. That incoming band that is currently up to central VA and heading NE is going to make a mess of things tomorrow morning, well before the main event gets underway.

Archived