Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
PHL CWA JAN 26/27 OBS and Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prob within the next 15 mins...for phl it looks like atleast 20mm or about .8 qpf.

yeah those b&w charts have huge ranges, but a low end 0.8 is very nice.

if i recall correctly, last friday's event the RGEM was a bit too high with QPF while the NAM's was a bit too low. I wonder if the RGEM has any known wet bias, or if that was just a coincidence.

Glenn says he may need to move his totals more towards South Jersey.

He indicated that his statement was based "on the most recent guidance," presumably the 0z NAM. He also indicated that he wanted to see the entire model suite before making any changes. A very reasonable position.

His snow map showed 5-8" for PHL and vicinity. More towards the NE (I think, 6-12").

18759280.gif

We really need to watch this front band. It's probably going to catch many off guard. All the people I spoke to are not expecting any snow until later on in the afternoon. I can see this band moving over the PA border around 4am or so and dumping a nice 1-2" of snow in the area to make for a slippery commute. :whistle:

Has anyone been checking the HRRR? :unsure:

It nails SEPA with that band tomorrow morning from 5-9am, drops 2-3" area-wide:

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

I've been following it for several of the past storms and it seems to do well each time, but I'm rather skeptical this time. That means that morning commute goes to hell fast if this verifies.

Archived