• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowman Competition

Amos83

Now that winter is getting closer I thought it would be fun to have a little creative fun. So I'm announcing the start of the SE Folks First Annual Tallest Snowman Competition.

Rules:

1. Snowman has to be made in your yard with the snow found in your yard.

2. Folks will be divided up into regions. The regions are: N. Georgia, Middle/Eastern TN, N.C. Mountains, Piedmont (SC and NC including the foothills), and Coastal.

3. Has to be natural snow.... no manmade snow allowed!

4. Snowman has to be from a storm during the 2010-11 winter season.

As the snow begins to fall over the SE post your picks to be judged. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the winter.

Let the fun begin! Good luck everyone :snowman:

I guess E TN has no region. I mean, I know we are pros and all...but still we shouldn't be left out. :weight_lift:

If you dont live in the Carolinas or GA, it seems you get overlooked in most threads when they are created here in this subforum.:angry::banned:

Maybe they should name this subforum "The Carolinas":gun_bandana:

I live in the Southeast, I like Snowmen, I want to play :lol:

If you dont live in the Carolinas or GA, it seems you get overlooked in most threads when they are created here in this subforum.:angry::banned:

You are RIGHT! Okay I'll add another region: Middle/Eastern TN

I love your optimism!!

Might have to use a shovel jsut to get enough snow before it turns 70 degrees the same day :)

Strong, that is where the skill comes in. If you want to win you may have to be quick..... That cursed sun always does a number on the snowpack so to optimize the snowman height you have to optimize your snowcover

Yeah, I know it has to be frustrating for you guys. I wish we had more mets from tn.

I'm in! Out of curiosity, when y'all build a big one do you lift the middle portion? I find that to be bad on my back so I get wood and push it up. Inclined plane. Physics at work.

Aren't you like 19? If you've lifted weights before just do a deadlift sort of motion. It can't be more than 50lbs lol.

Aren't you like 19? If you've lifted weights before just do a deadlift sort of motion. It can't be more than 50lbs lol.

I remember making a snowman in the November 2000 snowfall here. The bottom ball was over 200 pounds easily. The snow was really wet and clumped nicely..picked up leaves, mud, debris. It had to be propped up with 2 x 4's. Amazing how quickly it melted the afternoon.

post-38-0-16768400-1290612985.jpg

I have my flashlight and black construction paper ready :guitar::lol:

explain.

I remember making a snowman in the November 2000 snowfall here. The bottom ball was over 200 pounds easily. The snow was really wet and clumped nicely..picked up leaves, mud, debris. It had to be propped up with 2 x 4's. Amazing how quickly it melted the afternoon.

explain.

Yeah a while ago we got 3-4" (2004 maybe?) I took the utilitarian approach, my friends and I just used shovels to move as much snow as possible into one place. We ended up with a 6' tall mound of hard packed snow. All the other snowmen melted within a week, needless to say ours lasted way longerSnowman.gif

I'm 5'11" and weigh 115lbs. Not exactly a muscle builder. Never lifted weights (besides groceries since I work at a grocery store). I'm the runner type. I'm not exactly a weakling but not a beast either . And you dont realize just how big the middle section was lol. It was 3/4 the size of the bottom. Lets assume it was approximately 2x2 feet or, 4 cubic feet of water (I know its a sphere but i'm too tired to figure that). 1 cubic foot of water weighs 62.4lbs. 62.4X4=249.6lbs. Adjusting for approximates around the edges (since its a sphere) I'd put it at around 175lbs. i.e. way out of my range of lifting.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived