amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pattern Change thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro looks like it will be quite cold the middle to end of next week here in the NE

Wow, that is a bit different looking...it doesn't really phase all the energy from the western trough into the incoming PV...we have the energy hanging back west while we get a big gradient developing by next Wednesday. Looks like we still torch (relatively speaking) though the first couple days next week.

Wow, that is a bit different looking...it doesn't really phase all the energy from the western trough into the incoming PV...we have the energy hanging back west while we get a big gradient developing by next Wednesday. Looks like we still torch (relatively speaking) though the first couple days next week.

yeah and an overrunning snow/ice threat later wed/thur?

Classic SW flow event for Turkey Day on Euro. Sfc low is gonna get squeezed out south of SNE while mid-levels are coming in from the SW. Looks like a snow to ice scenario.

Long range Euro though is nearly useless so this should all be taken with a grain of salt.

With a -NAO on roids.

yeah that theme persists regardless of the run it seems. we've seen the euro move around the EP configuration and timing and shift heights along the west coast etc. but the NAO remains pretty steadfast. you could even argue that it's the dominant player in the NH in the 7 to 10 day period on the last several ecmwf op runs and would continue to be for quite some time beyond....just at face value.

<br />Classic SW flow event for Turkey Day on Euro. Sfc low is gonna get squeezed out south of SNE while mid-levels are coming in from the SW. Looks like a snow to ice scenario. <br />

<br />

Long range Euro though is nearly useless so this should all be taken with a grain of salt.<br />

Got to like the trend for the pattern change

Got to like the trend for the pattern change

Yeah I like the trend for the pattern change. I was talking about specific details WRT the potential T-day event.

Earlier in the run though had some implications for that setup. The Euro trended in hanging back a bit more energy. I know the ensemble mean looked like it might be doing that a bit. So that will be something to watch.

yeah that theme persists regardless of the run it seems. we've seen the euro move around the EP configuration and timing and shift heights along the west coast etc. but the NAO remains pretty steadfast. you could even argue that it's the dominant player in the NH in the 7 to 10 day period on the last several ecmwf op runs and would continue to be for quite some time beyond....just at face value.

on further thought...this might be too simplistic because you could just as easily argue that the NAO configuration has shifted from run to run. *but* the strength of it has remained very consistent...unlike a lot of the other players on the table right now.

That's a pretty insane temp. gradient on the ECM for Thanksgiving. There's like 16C 850's all the way to Delaware and -2C 850's in Boston. Or maybe those are 8C 850's not sure...

Yeah that was mentioned a few post back, Quite a contrast to say the least we are at -8c here and they are +12c down south...

He blocked me from even finding him on FB lol..when i type in Cosgrove nothing comes up. he's a tool. Plain and simple. We're better off w/o him. Not a good met.

I just want to fast forward to the colder/snowy pattern. This weekends shot will be nice. Probably a day in the upper 30's in the hills on Saturday..then a minor warmup..then the real deal.

He's an awful awful met. I'm still waiting for cat 2 hurricane floyd to leave me without power for weeks.

Archived