Jump to content

Intensewind002

Members
  • Posts

    951
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intensewind002

  1. Did I miss it? Can’t see anything here in Lindenhurst
  2. I feel like this is the first time I’ve seen a hatched tornado risk with a tropical system
  3. I haven’t really noticed much browning yet here on the south shore of LI but it definitely coming. Only a tenth of an inch this month as well.
  4. Reminiscent of the August 2014 flood event, almost exactly 10 years ago too
  5. Picked 2.7” in Lindenhurst over the past 48 hrs or so. Most of it (about an inch and a half) fell within the last hour and a half
  6. We got some nice gusts on the backside here in Lindenhurst interestingly enough, probably around 40 mph or so, when it first came in there wasn’t much wind
  7. Nasty storm here in sw suffolk, constant cg lighting, some 40 mph wind gusts and rainfall rates of a few inches an hr. Probably a top 3 storm over the past few years here.
  8. 1.07” total here, perhaps more to come before the day is over
  9. 3”/hr rainfall rates rn, .5” in about 10 minutes here. Edit: more like 0.9” in 10 minutes! So 5-6” an hour
  10. Picked up 1.14” here in Lindenhurst, nothing too crazy much of the heavier totals missed me to the north and east. First 1”+ rain event for me since early June though
  11. Going to see Twisters tonight, should be fun. Im probably the only weather enthusiast never to have seen the original too haha
  12. No rain yesterday and so far only 0.02” today in Lindenhurst :/
  13. 86/78 here currently, heat index of 98
  14. 82/78 right now, still no 90s yet this year. Yesterday was my peak for july so far with a high of 88
  15. Was 87/77 here earlier with a heat index of 99, down to 85/77, so not necessarily much better. Wildly enough I have zero 90s this summer, max has only been 89
  16. Delta was only a Cat 2 when it came ashore, it did make it up to 105-110 kt cat 3 again though if I remember correctly, but it unraveled a bit before landfall
  17. Holy shit, mammatus clouds!!!
  18. Yeah kinda, I have a sister who is ten years younger than me and it seems like it’s more of a high school thing to actually talk like that. I mean some of my friends will use it in an ironic way though as a joke lol
×
×
  • Create New...