Jump to content

tiger_deF

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tiger_deF

  1. Looks like an eye might be popping out
  2. Sure looks like an eye is trying to pop out, likely just a warm core feature
  3. I'm really suprised how good Gamma looks right now with all the shear in the gulf
  4. Sure looks like more than 45 kt to me
  5. I respect your opinion, but I flagrantly disagree, especially with the NHC part. As far as I can tell the NHC has only named systems that have definite tropical charicteristics, and aside from an early subtropical storm, all the systems we have had have pretty clearly been warm core systems with winds above 40 miles per hour and a closed surface low, which is all that is needed for naming. The NHC's job is hard enough without people shitting on them for political reasons
  6. Just looking at the temperature rise in the past 200 years compared to changes in climate we've observed over thousands of years, the warming now is faster by orders of magnitude. I've suspected our climate might be somewhat more moderating than we expect, but I see no other reason besides human emissions of some kind that the temperature has risen so suddenly and consistently, despite a few "dips"
  7. This season feels similar to 2004 in terms of impacts, however instead of tracking powerful, longtracking canes that usually made landfall past their peak, we've been tracking areas of vorticity and elongated waves that suddenly decide to get their act together within days of landfall
  8. Just pointing out that Laura was significantly stronger upon CONUS landfall than every single one of 2005's US threats
  9. Just wait until we get an actual below average season, I think the season cancel folks might go nuts
  10. Models have been shite with genesis all season... I've never seen them so suppressed. You'd think we haven't had a 14-4-1 by August 27th
×
×
  • Create New...