joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-6th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pft, why would anyone believe any model out this far? I'm to the point where I don't believe a model until 24 hours, even 24 hours is pushing it....just the way things have been

Typically ( not always and thus see Feb 09 ) such storms are modeled well ( not talking exact track but storm itself )  in advance. So i have been told over the years. NOT saying this will happen but yeah it is worth the thread considering the potential it has. Yeah it could be nothing but if it is something i would prefer to have such a early thread for tracking/looking back etc..These are RARE..

All knows my views about threat threads being started so early but yeah this makes a great exception to that even if it fails.

Models were suggesting a big low traveling toward the eastern Lakes.  Then it all fell apart at like 3-4 days out. 

I actually saved LC's discussion for a couple of years he issued during that brief window when all the models were showing it.   It was a cornucopia of weenie hype.  Referring to the effects from Pittsburgh to Columbus, words such as 'crippling', 'destructive', and 'life threatening'....all used.

Amazing how that fell apart.

Speaking of which.  I will not post in this thread again unless and until this storm still exists on the euro, gfs, nam, and Canadian, at 48 hours out and is still a threat to the OV. 

I actually saved LC's discussion for a couple of years he issued during that brief window when all the models were showing it.   It was a cornucopia of weenie hype.  Referring to the effects from Pittsburgh to Columbus, words such as 'crippling', 'destructive', and 'life threatening'....all used.

Amazing how that fell apart.

Speaking of which.  I will not post in this thread again unless and until this storm still exists on the euro, gfs, nam, and Canadian, at 48 hours out and is still a threat to the OV

Lol

Archived