northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2014 pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't the gefs been much better overall than than the euro ensembles? I know the euro nailed this coming period, but hadn't the gefs been leading the way?

Little concerning that the gefs have gone south. If your not a little alarmed I think your not be completely truthful. There is a chance that in two or three weeks toasters could be flying off the shelves lol

Haven't the gefs been much better overall than than the euro ensembles? I know the euro nailed this coming period, but hadn't the gefs been leading the way?

Little concerning that the gefs have gone south. If your not a little alarmed I think your not be completely truthful. There is a chance that in two or three weeks toasters could be flying off the shelves lol

I'm not that alarmed given the H5 pattern I see here. 

No wonder bob says the cold is NBD.

EWB 23 PVD 21 PYM 21 OWD 21 Magical TAN 27

Is that a joke?

Yeah it's not right. I am consistently several degrees cooler than that reading. I'm on the other side of town, but still not that far. That particular post or the readings just shows how wrong it in fact may be.

I do think tan is probably a hair warmer a lot of the time, but not by that much

Why would the PV move, obliterate, or stay. The key determines who's right perhaps.

CMC ENS agrees with the Euro, GEFS actually are fine too, below normal and near normal, trough in the East, no torch signal, not understanding the consternation, two and half solid weeks of winter starts next weekend. The thaw always gets people very worried.

CMC ENS agrees with the Euro, GEFS actually are fine too, below normal and near normal, trough in the East, no torch signal, not understanding the consternation, two and half solid weeks of winter starts next weekend. The thaw always gets people very worried.

GEFS aren't that good looking after about D12....it means we'd get only a short period of good winter wx. I mean they aren't a disaster, but they are uglier than the EC ensmebles. The only good news is that the 12z GEFS looked like they started retrograding the ridge a bit at the very end...a sign that it might be trending toward the EC ensemble solution.

I actually thought the EC ensembles didn't look quite as good as 00z, but they are still nice. It is a good pattern for Miller Bs if we can time a shortwave with the big western ridge.

GEFS aren't that good looking after about D12....it means we'd get only a short period of good winter wx. I mean they aren't a disaster, but they are uglier than the EC ensmebles. The only good news is that the 12z GEFS looked like they started retrograding the ridge a bit at the very end...a sign that it might be trending toward the EC ensemble solution.

I actually thought the EC ensembles didn't look quite as good as 00z, but they are still nice. It is a good pattern for Miller Bs if we can time a shortwave with the big western ridge.

This didnt look troublesome to me

This didnt look troublesome to me

You would like to see the flow more meridional over central Canada and CONUS. That's a pretty warm looking 5H pattern for central Canada and most of the US west of the Apps.

Agree. Verbatim we'd probably be torching a few days later.

You would like to see the flow more meridional over central Canada and CONUS. That's a pretty warm looking 5H pattern for central Canada and most of the US west of the Apps.

Jan 1961 style? LOL I understand what you are showing, if we have our own private party does not bother me. Long ways off anyways.

The ridge axis was pretty sharp at the end with a bit of retrogression. If that happened, I think we'd be set. Of course I am only speaking of the model verbatim. I mean I definitely could see something where we are in a 5-7 day colder spell then maybe a piece of the ridge breaks off east and triple points us with 546 thicknesses and then another reinforcing shot of colder air follows...something like that. 

Archived