joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2012 General Discussion/Obs

KokomoWX

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone with a better trained eye than me think that early week system shown on the GFS has a bit of potential?

I think it has potential. I made mention of it in the Clipper Thread. We want that Sat/Sun clippler to be as strong as possible. But yeah Mon/Tue system has some good potential (even if it is not MBY).

Have a little pocket of light snow heading into the area. The light snow and flurries just don't stop coming this last day. Might be one of the classic examples of getting consistently hit with minor/moderate storms after getting barely anything white for the first six weeks of meteorological winter.

Same story here. Up to 9.6" on the year at MSN, today could put us over the 10" mark. Considering just how bad it's been, that's some good snow production.

:cry: That was depressing to read.

It was. DT always can make you smile with his typos though lol, hes so smart but not the best typist! The gradient pattern he mentioned, however, is quite sterotypical Nina-esque....so those in the north (of which we are certainly a part of) could see several good snowstorms. They just probably wont stick around long :whistle:

Had snow showers all day long. Visibility would drop to under a mile at times, and minutes later the sun would be out. Good stuff. Didn't really accumulate though. The clouds have held on much longer than expected this evening, so temps are still hanging in the mid teens. If we can clear out we may get down towards zero later on.

Archived