• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23-25 Potential Storm

Ralph Wiggum

Well that went downhill quickly. EPS are an inland low, 6z GEFS are a Cleveland snow bomb. Who the heck would have thought that the Ukie might be leading the way? I realize it is several days out still but rarely do these cutter/inside runner situations reverse themselves. Hoping Im wrong.

Sorry I wanted you to start this thread.  I know it was against your better judgement.  This one sure doesn't look good at this point but there is still time.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe 50-75-100 miles N and W ...maybe. Not the local burbs.

I could definitely see this scenario. Wondering now if we should bail on the first wave on Tuesday and start pulling for the followup wave IF we can get some cold air established?? This late-season needle threading rooting for the perfect scenario hardly ever works out and we are starting to feel the late winter difficulties in getting a significant snow event in the big cities. Sure, there are always renegade March storms, but we are starting to run out of time overall. I hope those folks seeing this late Feb-mid March pattern with favorable snow threats are right, but again, snow will be getting harder and harder to come by exponentially as we continue pressing forward. If not for the January storm, this would have been an absolutely dreadful winter season in terms of snowfall. Here's hoping the Euro/EPS can keep hope alive.

Its funny how yesterday things were pointing towards a colder setup. Fast forward 18 hours or so and no cold air to be found. However, something tells me we still aren't 100% finished with this system, especially N and W of I95.

I've never liked this set up for the immediate burbs through the coastal plain. There was never enough cold air to work with despite the track and the HP is not in a good position to deliver the cold. This was always a Lehigh Valley through Pocono's threat to me. It's a thread the needle type threat with the lack of blocking and those rarely work out in the dead of winter let alone towards the end of winter. Absolute best case scenario I really only see a few inches, nothing significant.

Ever since Wiggum made this thread it has all gone downhill....

Things went downhill 2 cycles before I started the thread fyi, but the banter thread was getting cluttered talking about it there thus a separate thread was needed....but I digress. This is a 2-part storm, pretty much has been all along....hinted at by at least a model or two here and there since it was progged. We aren't out of the woods yet bruh.

Agreed.

Its been a good season to be honest.  Anytime you can get just one NESIS 4 it is a good season IMO

With that being said, as I age I look more forward to warmer temps and shorter winter (altough that could also simply be the fact that the winters we get these days seem faaarrrrrrr more severe compared to the winters of my youth).

I think N and W of 95 are most certainly in the game for some frozen precip with this one (esp with a little elevation) I am also quite confident we have not seen our last accumulating snow event of the year....that includes the coastal plain

Paul,

Thank you for your positive/hopeful thoughts...

After all it is STILL winter folks!!

Plenty of non-snow months lie ahead (as well as lots of disgusting heat/humidity) so let's keep some faith til at least mid-March!!

Archived