joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/5 Anafront Action OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in from a walk in the winter wonderland.  As of 5:15 am, were down to 32F and we have 1" on the colder surfaces and about 1/2" on the street in front of my house.  Snowing moderately with about 1/2 mile visibility.  Decent sized flakes falling and this is a much "prettier" snow than the blizzard, since it's much wetter and less windy, so it's sticking to all the trees/branches.  Love the absolute silence of a walk in the snow before most normal people are awake.  

As of 7:15 am, it's 32F and we have 2.5" of new snow on the ground/colder surfaces and maybe an inch or so on paved surfaces. That's about 0.75" per hour for the past 2 hours.  Snow was falling heavily at 7 pm, but has lightened up some (can definitely see it on the radar).  It is really gorgeous out there.  Great snowball snow too. 

Just in from a walk in the winter wonderland.  As of 5:15 am, were down to 32F and we have 1" on the colder surfaces and about 1/2" on the street in front of my house.  Snowing moderately with about 1/2 mile visibility.  Decent sized flakes falling and this is a much "prettier" snow than the blizzard, since it's much wetter and less windy, so it's sticking to all the trees/branches.  Love the absolute silence of a walk in the snow before most normal people are awake.  

As of 8:30 am it's down to 31F and we have 3.25" of new snow (we still had a few inches on most of my fairly shady property).  Just had a band that ripped heavy snow for awhile, but it has lightened up.  If that last band to my SW makes it up here, we could make it to 4", but not sure if it will, since the last one fell apart somewhat.  Still, a nice little snowstorm and quite a surprise given where we all were on Wednesday night (maybe a coating was the forecast for most).  

As of 8:30 am it's down to 31F and we have 3.25" of new snow (we still had a few inches on most of my fairly shady property).  Just had a band that ripped heavy snow for awhile, but it has lightened up.  If that last band to my SW makes it up here, we could make it to 4", but not sure if it will, since the last one fell apart somewhat.  Still, a nice little snowstorm and quite a surprise given where we all were on Wednesday night (maybe a coating was the forecast for most).  

As of 10:15 am, we have 4.0" in Metuchen at 31F and it's snowing lightly, with the back edge at our doorstep (right along the Turnpike, which I live W of by about 1 mile), so I think that'll be the final measurement.  Very nice storm and great forecast by the NWS (I was in their 3-4" swath on the graphic, although the WWA said 1-3", which I never quite understood), DT, and many others.  Definitely less to the N/W and more to the S/E, as predicted.  And I just made a snowman, which is always fun.  

Now at 27" for the season, which is right around climo for the whole season, which is pretty amazing given that this will end up being one of our warmest winters on record (DJF), if not the warmest.  On to Monday/Tuesday.

Ended up with 3 inches in Princeton Junction. Officially above average snowfall on the year. Crazy with how warm it's been for the majority of winter..

Getting pounded under a persistent band in eastern Monmouth.  5 1/2 inches in Neptune, 2 inches in the last 90 minutes

surprise surprise, monmouth county jackpot :lol:

Had 2" here and it covered the trees like a winter wonderland unlike the last storm.  The kicker is that it's almost 40F and it melted off the trees but there's still a good amount remaining on the grassy and colder surfaces (including car roofs, etc).... even this late in the day.

You are actually in Philadelphia? What area?

Thought it was odd that Philly only reported 0.2" (as of 7 am), while people in every direction from them reported at least 2".  

...PHILADELPHIA COUNTY...

PHILADELPHIA OEM 0.3 700 AM 2/05 EMERGENCY MNGR

PHILADELPHIA INTL AI 0.2 700 AM 2/05 ASOS

It is under review.

Thought it was odd that Philly only reported 0.2" (as of 7 am), while people in every direction from them reported at least 2".  

...PHILADELPHIA COUNTY...

PHILADELPHIA OEM 0.3 700 AM 2/05 EMERGENCY MNGR

PHILADELPHIA INTL AI 0.2 700 AM 2/05 ASOS

The updated PHL snowfall is 1.2 inches.

2.7" winter wonderland this morning now a distant memory ....bit 26.1" on the year now in Media Delaware County.

We still have large swaths of about 1/2 - 3/4" on many lawns, especially the north-facing ones (where before this little over-achiever showed up, most of the snow was completely gone except for the plowed mounds at intersections and in parking lots).  Pretty remarkable given the temps.

Archived