• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/5 Anafront Action OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

This was a fun little event. Picked up most of my snow in a 3 hour period where we saw inch a hour rates despite temps being above freezing. Not too often you have a high in the 60s the day be able to produce accumulating snowfall. I think I'm going to do some research this summer when I have some free time about the "wiggum rule." Very interesting that it has worked out twice this Winter now. Going to research days where the area was well above normal in Jan/feb and see how often an accumulating snowfall occurred in the following week. Could be total coincidence but I think it's pretty interesting nonetheless.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to do some research this summer when I have some free time about the "wiggum rule." Very interesting that it has worked out twice this Winter now. Going to research days where the area was well above normal in Jan/feb and see how often an accumulating snowfall occurred in the following week. Could be total coincidence but I think it's pretty interesting nonetheless.

Not a weatherman by any stretch but wouldn't it be fairly common to have warm temperatures followed by any amount of snow due to the front/storm coming through that drops the temperatures back to normal?

Archived