Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 more tomatoes wilted and died in the last 24 hours bringing the casualty total to 5. Disease resistant varieties too, this is not good.

We've had a lot of 70+ DP days, with only a few good breaks.  Plus a lot of cloudiness.  Great weather for fungus.

Sorry about your tomatoes.  Not fun to watch things die.  I have just two plants in containers, and one isn't doing so hot. The other has borne a few delightful but small fruits.  Black Plum.  Heirloom.  Used Pro Mix and an organic mix.  The fungus builds up in the soil, Im afraid.  

My little terrace is a solar oven in Summer.   Maybe that helps.  

We've had a lot of 70+ DP days, with only a few good breaks.  Plus a lot of cloudiness.  Great weather for fungus.

Sorry about your tomatoes.  Not fun to watch things die.  I have just two plants in containers, and one isn't doing so hot. The other has borne a few delightful but small fruits.  Black Plum.  Heirloom.  Used Pro Mix and an organic mix.  The fungus builds up in the soil, Im afraid.  

My little terrace is a solar oven in Summer.   Maybe that helps.  

I am blaming it on bacterial wilt. Nothing can be done about it far as i have researched as the usual VFFN resistance is of no help

It's been a wet summer yet not excessively so like last summer. 

Grew them in containers the last two summers. First season had no issues then last year yellow and spots and blight despite the VFF resistance so who the heck knows

Tomatoes are becoming a pain in the butt for me to grow. Even plants that survive disease i always get tomatoes with freckly brown spots that can become black and moldy as they age i been having that issue for ten years. Tried everything growing them in different locations, various varieties, copper dust. Some kind of blight that is pervasive.

Tomatoes are becoming a pain in the butt for me to grow. Even plants that survive disease i always get tomatoes with freckly brown spots that can become black and moldy as they age i been having that issue for ten years. Tried everything growing them in different locations, various varieties, copper dust. Some kind of blight that is pervasive.

Sorry about your tomatoes...here they're doing well so far. My problem is leaves. I've been raking and blowing leaves since March, it's not right. We've done a lot of work on the yard in the 2 plus years we've been here, since it was 90 percent weeds when we moved in. And now that it's in decent shape, we've got leaves falling all the time. First it was a boatload of ivy on an old cherry/willow tree that seemed to develop some kind of fungus, and those leaves started falling in March. Since then we've cut the ivy, still waiting for it to wind down. Then it was 2 tall Black Cherry trees that have a fungus, and have been dropping leaves off and on since early June. Now there's a nearby Yellowwood tree that's joined in. Definitely a fungus amongus.

Archived