Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its raining, what the....

Yeah...it was raining lightly here for a while.  Some slow moving showers.   It clearly was not picked up in any forecast I saw though it was mentioned in the afternoon AFD.  But the rain was falling and the forecast said "mostly sunny".   When I was up this morning, I was expecting a sunny day, but you could tell there was a lot of convection going on with the large cumuli.  Finally, by 1 PM there was a slow-moving shower over Central Bucks county moving SE.  A weird day.

High today here in NW Chester County only 85.9 also see 86.0 for the high today at KMQS (Coatesville) still no 90+ days here in the NW Philly burbs...

Meanwhile at my place down in Sea Isle City NJ all day in the mid 70's with a stiff sea breeze - wish I was there!!

Check it out on weatherunderground including the camera

88.9 today. Still haven't surpassed the 90 mark imby this season. Maybe tomorrow?

Made it to 90F here yesterday, although it felt warmer, with the humidity. Last night was especially muggy. At least we're getting a chance to get acclimated to it gradually. 

I think you have a good shot at 90 today.

Not sure if the rain that's been going on overnight to the north and west of here qualifies as a PRE, but here it looks like we're in between it and the outer bands of Arthur moving up the coast, and it may stay that way. Was hoping for more rain, only had 0.30" from Wednesday through this morning. Better than 0.0" anyway, and today should be an awesome day temperature wise, the weekend's looking great too.

I'm sure most people don't consider this ideal weather for the 4th, but I'm loving it -- 68F, AC off with the doors and windows open, cool breeze blowing through the house. Hopefully we'll get some clearing later today.

Enjoy it while it lasts.  More of the hot soup is in the offing.

I too enjoy this weather, but 2009 is the last summer I remember that had more than a few days like this in July, and countless complaints from others about the "lousy" summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Another beautiful summer morning with the AC off and doors & windows open. Starting to wonder if we'll see any prolonged stretches of heat this year or will it just be of the in-and-out variety?

Ha, I was just going to post something similar - great days for opening the windows and giving the AC a rest. Not bad for mid-July.

Archived