e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The January 25/26 Storm (Part 2)

Wow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at 90 its bombing in southern Alabama. Theres extrmely heavy snow in n Miss and Noth Alabama and the Zero is down into the Upstate and western NC. But the high is sliding out. Still the lower heights with this storm mean business.

At 96, the zero line follows 85, snow in western Carolinas, and very heavy in GA and Al, and TEnn.

the ht crashing at the trough base begins at 84. still pos tilted over AR/W TX/MO

JWow,

Do you have a moment to explain about "ht's crashing at trough base" and pos tilt? Basically what implications these two features have downstream. I THINK this implies that this will limit WAA and the HP will hold in longer? Thanks

at 96, its 1004 near SAV, with a strong neutral or neg. trough in south GA. Very low heights over the Southeast. At 102, big snow in CLT CAE GSO and points west to ATL and GSP. 994MB low over ILM area.:snowman:

Robert, this is the best one yet I've seen from the Euro or any model for this storm. Even the HP has snaked back in over extreme W Canada at 102

For the RDU people out there this a better run for us. We look to start as rain then turn to snow as the dynamics kick in and the sfc low moves a little north.

From the sounds of the strength of the storm, we would probably see some pretty appreciable snows after the changeover, I'd think, despite starting as rain. I wouldn't complain.

qpf so far is .75" AVL GSP and 1.00" ATL (Not all snow in ATL but northern GA is bombed) At 108, 988 over ORF.

Complete blockbuster snowstorm in southern and eastern TENN, northern Alabama, northern GA, the western third of Carolinas.

This would have a very big snow gradient over the ATL metro- maybe only an inch or two at the airport. a couple- 3 at my house, but up in far northern burbs 6" not out of the question. The mountains- up to a foot.

Right in line with UKIe, except about 50 miles inland for track. I can score big with this run, but have no more room for westward track. All in all great runs for Triad espeacilly Ukie,Nogaps and Euro. Nam doesnt go out far enough, but right in line with the 3 I mentioned and I cant remember the Canadian exact track. Then theres the GFS throwing up all over itself.

From the sounds of the strength of the storm, we would probably see some pretty appreciable snows after the changeover, I'd think, despite starting as rain. I wouldn't complain.

Yeah, it's hard to tell when the switch over would happen. If this would slide just 100 more miles east we would be in a lot better shape.

at 114, its over for the Carolinas. Also meant to add for RDU area at 104 there is heavy rain but just after once the low is over HAT or just west of HAT then the central piedmont is in heavy wrap around snow. Remember, this will be a deepening slow moving storm, so its probably a good snow there as well, esp. closer to GSO where its colder for longer

Heres some rough QPF, but dont' take it to heart. The track is everytihgn, and this is one incredible track with the low from New Orleans to SAV to ILM region, so the numbers are likely a little low

AVL .80"

CLT .75"

GSO 1.00"

HKY .85"

RDU 1.25"

ILM 1.65"

HAT 3.00"

GSP 1.00"

AHN .95"

ATL 1.00"

MCN 1.05"

BHM 1.10"

MEM .10"

BNA .95"

TYS .85"

TRI .75"

ROA .85"

RIC 1.75"

DCA 2.00"

PHL 2.50"

NYC 2.65"

at 114, its over for the Carolinas. Also meant to add for RDU area at 104 there is heavy rain but just after once the low is over HAT or just west of HAT then the central piedmont is in heavy wrap around snow. Remember, this will be a deepening slow moving storm, so its probably a good snow there as well, esp. closer to GSO where its colder for longer

Heres some rough QPF, but dont' take it to heart. The track is everytihgn, and this is one incredible track with the low from New Orleans to SAV to ILM region, so the numbers are likely a little low

AVL .80"

CLT .75"

GSO 1.00"

HKY .85"

RDU 1.25"

ILM 1.65"

HAT 3.00"

GSP 1.00"

AHN .95"

ATL 1.00"

MCN 1.05"

BHM 1.10"

MEM .10"

BNA .95"

TYS .85"

TRI .75"

ROA .85"

RIC 1.75"

DCA 2.00"

PHL 2.50"

NYC 2.65"

Robet, did you happen to have the QPF numbers for CAE? Thanks.

Archived