• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Which of these 4 stations will reach 100'' this winter?

weatherwiz

Which of these stations will reach 100'' this winter?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reach 100'' of snowfall

Probably none of the above....but ORH would be the favorite fairly easily if you had to pick one. They've cracked 100" 7 times and the others have done it once.

This would be sick if that could happen, we'll have to see what happens with the rest of the month but could you imagine if December had been more kind to us? That's one thing that could kind of go against this occurring. Still have February/March to go!

you need an option for all of them to what if someone thinks all 4?

This would be sick if that could happen, we'll have to see what happens with the rest of the month but could you imagine if December had been more kind to us? That's one thing that could kind of go against this occurring. Still have February/March to go!

you need an option for all of them to what if someone thinks all 4?

I should have added that as well, unfortunately I can't go back and edit options.

I guess everyone will just have to choose each one individually :lol:

Although with PVD not even at 30'' yet not sure if anyone would chose them.

I could see ORH maybe getting to 80" this winter if all goes well

BDL hitting 75-80" due to their good start

The rest will be lower

If ORH gets climo from this point forward (last 10 days of Jan/, Feb, Mar, Apr) then they would hit about 80" on the nose for the season.

Climo from Jan 20th forward is 39".

If ORH gets climo from this point forward (last 10 days of Jan/, Feb, Mar, Apr) then they would hit about 80" on the nose for the season.

Climo from Jan 20th forward is 39".

LOL... Just sort of guessed. Where did you dig that up?

The Rte 2 area through Princeton and Westminster looked amazing this morning with the snow and glaze

LOL... Just sort of guessed. Where did you dig that up?

The Rte 2 area through Princeton and Westminster looked amazing this morning with the snow and glaze

I have pretty much memorized every bit of data there is for snow here. :snowman::lol:

I'll bet the Westminster/Princeton area was incredible this morning. Almost always is after a winter storm. Not many areas beat weenie ridge where you can view so far to the east and see the BOS skyline. I'll bet their snow depth is really starting to pile up.

I have pretty much memorized every bit of data there is for snow here. :snowman::lol:

I'll bet the Westminster/Princeton area was incredible this morning. Almost always is after a winter storm. Not many areas beat weenie ridge where you can view so far to the east and see the BOS skyline. I'll bet their snow depth is really starting to pile up.

Do you know what BDL's climo is from here on out? 30-35''?

Usually I am headed east before the sun rises, but I went in to work late today and the sun was still low, but lighting up the hills, esp by the hotel (Best Western or whatever it changed to). Looked like VT or NH.

The ice was eerily reminiscent of 2008...

I think KBOS is about 25" or so from here on out. I always felt that if I break 50..I'll be happy for the winter. However, if I only get 8 more inches for the rest of the season, I will not be happy....lol.

Yeah I think BOS is actually a shade over 25" from here on out, like 26" or so. If they get climo from here on out, then they will be just a couple inches shy of 70"

Going with Worcester. Too many things, historically in favor. That area always seems to be in on the snow.

. . . Just a bit too warm at Boston - Worcester can get the snow.

. . . Although this hasn't been the case this year, usually while Hartford may be too far south and west to get the big snow - Worcester will more than likely get it.

. . . Providence, while they may pull up big for some of the SE storms, Worcester will win if not now, definitely later in the season.

Boston may be big now, but I think Worcester will still have the better chance at the century mark.

This is a stupid poll question. PVD? It's unlikely any of them will get near 100 except for ORH with some March madness.

If the question is whether BDL is going to break 100 inches with their wrong total, then fine. There is nothing wrong with their measurements. They just screwed up their final total, whether deliberately or not, like they've done in the past without any questions. I emailed the NWS multiple times the last time this happened a few years ago and got no reply.

An example of what BDL might do -- it snows 3" as of midnight and they pick up another inch after midnight for a total of 4" from an event. BDL reports 7" for the storm -- 3" for yesterday and 4" for today.

Archived