SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fishy storm?

sref_bsp_087s.gif

Looks a lot quicker too IMO, 2m looks a little too warm, Mid to upper 30s in the last few frames while 850mb is like -3c, going off PSU.

EDIT:Maybe not a lot quicker, it was 24hrs or so faster than ECMWF, but still, a faster solution would mean colder temps and less time to phase, so SLP track makes sense here, but surface temps dont.

Dude, seriously?

Just read the forum and the last thread on this. All your answers are there.

I got tired of reading the thread where everybody was calling everyone else a weenie. I didn't want to weed through 1000+ posts to find the one or two that actually gave a meaningful post. I thought I would cut to the chase...:gun_bandana:

Yeah SREF looks east with the highs, but take it with a grain of salt.

the trend, its the trend

remember, there's no real blocking to the N and blocking is what pushes it south and slows it

the deep trough solutions will be loosing favor today imho

that's all I'll say because if I said the rest of what I really thought of what this is morphing to, I might get banished to the NE forum for the rest of the winter :yikes:

the trend, its the trend

remember, there's no real blocking to the N and blocking is what pushes it south and slows it

the deep trough solutions will be loosing favor today imho

that's all I'll say because if I said the rest of what I really thought of what this is morphing to, I might get banished to the NE forum for the rest of the winter :yikes:

fair enough and you may be right, but just so people do not the the wrong idea about the "trend" the 6z GFS is actually a good bit south again with its H5 track. It was a step back off the ledge. Surface differences were minor. I expect in the end a blend between the deep trough all the way to the gulf and the more shallow one of the GFS is going to be reality. THis could also be a good solution for our area. The deep trough is nice to look at but it has been leading to an early amplifying system that tends to flood our area with warmth.

Archived