• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

those are the two most logical camps unfortunately. i think it will be hard to get a bomb up the coast without worrying about temps at all. obviously we can say that about a lot of big storms.

Well, then the most logical move would be to add them together and divide by 2. I don't think there would be any complaints about that solution.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM won't track as far S with this run based on its configuration. I wouldn't say it "trended" to the GFS--but it is closer to that type of wave pattern than the 18Z NAM was.

Oh great, perfect post to incite the "nina climo seasonal trend pattern miller b fringe screwjob congrats NE" posts. Well, I just took care of all of that in this thread so hopefully the usual suspects can refrain from the broken record.

Yeah the northern energy is further north thru 54 hrs than 18z.

Biggest difference is it isn't digging the secondary jet into the intermountain W on the western flank--so this won't be as far S or as slow just analyzing this NAM run. Matches up with the 21Z SREF mean which was a tick farther E and not as far S.

Oh great, perfect post to incite the "nina climo seasonal trend pattern miller b fringe screwjob congrats NE" posts. Well, I just took care of all of that in this thread so hopefully the usual suspects can refrain from the broken record.

It is still way farther S and slower than the GFS--that said--I don't really give the SREF/NAM much credence in this flow pattern just yet.

It is still way farther S and slower than the GFS--that said--I don't really give the SREF/NAM much credence in this flow pattern just yet.

i would think the globals are almost always going to be better than the nam at this range no?

i would think the globals are almost always going to be better than the nam at this range no?

In terms of the 'large scale', absolutely.

Perhaps DTK can elaborate. I do know the NAM expanded its domain sometime in the recent past--but it still is initialized by older GFS runs along its outer domain as well (0Z NAM would be initialized with the 18Z GFS--if I understand it correctly)--another reason to give it less credence when the system in question is tracking in from the Aleutians.

Differences are obvious by the time the H5 energy moves into Montanna and Wyoming.

If the back edge is in wrn MT WY it's a slower more amplified warmer solution: NAM GGEM UKMET ECMWF

If the back edge is in ERN MT WY it's a less amplified colder solution. GFS SREFS

I'm more interested in the vortex near the maritimes as I think it is a potential big player in what happens along the coast. in addition to what is happening to the complex digging farther west.

I was looking at that earlier too Wes.

It seems to be doing the "dumbbell dance" with the vortex over Hudson's Bay that just came onto the scene

looks like its ready to cut WNW to me, or possibly merge with the Hudson;s Bay vortex

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/00/index_500_m_loop.shtml

I was looking at that earlier too Wes.

It seems to be doing the "dumbbell dance" with the vortex over Hudson's Bay that just came onto the scene

looks like its ready to cut WNW to me, or possibly merge with the Hudson;s Bay vortex

http://www.nco.ncep....00_m_loop.shtml

It does look like its about to swing northwestward. I guess the big question is will it still be providing some confluence until the redevelopment starts near or off the coast and we won't know that until we know how the complex trough to the west pans out.

Archived