Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Post Turkey Day Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said that SW fow events are impossible in Ninos.....they can happen in any season, but they are much more prevalent in Ninas.

Indeed....12/9/09 was actually a decent replica of 12/16/07 for us (a little warmer), but that was basically the only storm last year that remotely reminded me of a Nina.

Indeed....12/9/09 was actually a decent replica of 12/16/07 for us (a little warmer), but that was basically the only storm last year that remotely reminded me of a Nina.

Misspoke, someday you will have to show me the research that shows the number of miller b storms are more prevalent in Nina years. Is it possible that NAO state and blocking are the real driver of b s rather than the ENSO state, one could argue that 12/19 primary died in the middle states and the new center formed off of SC , a far south b. Just asking a bizarre question.

Misspoke, someday you will have to show me the research that shows the number of miller b storms are more prevalent in Nina years. Is it possible that NAO state and blocking are the real driver of b s rather than the ENSO state, one could argue that 12/19 primary died in the middle states and the new center formed off of SC , a far south b. Just asking a bizarre question.

We said swfes, not Miller Bs.

That soloution blows.

That's really close to being a monster storm for all of us...verbatim its a huge snowstorm N of the MA/NH border....but given its 240 hours out on an OP Euro run, it will likely show partly cloudy skies on the 00z run. :lol:

The block on that run though is responsible for forcing redevelopment on a storm that would otherwise cut all the way up through Michigan and into Ontario. This strange intense blocking scenario is going to be hellecious on the deterministic model solutions until they are very close in. Hell we still aren't exactly sure on the Friday event.

That's really close to being a monster storm for all of us...verbatim its a huge snowstorm N of the MA/NH border....but given its 240 hours out on an OP Euro run, it will likely show partly cloudy skies on the 00z run. :lol:

The block on that run though is responsible for forcing redevelopment on a storm that would otherwise cut all the way up through Michigan and into Ontario. This strange intense blocking scenario is going to be hellecious on the deterministic model solutions until they are very close in. Hell we still aren't exactly sure on the Friday event.

oh noes...I'm getting deja vu

I know...tongue-in-cheek...it was a play on the fact that its either literally snow or I hate it.

Archived