christians
    Newest Member
    christians
Jan 17-19 Mid-Atlantic obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nam spitting out about .25" for loudoun thru 12z.. there was decent consistency that 32 sets up somewhere in that area by that time. would push that .2" ice i guess at leas if right.

Uhh, why is my wind SSE?

Very light 2-3mph. Every time I have checked it has had a northerly component.

Looks like somewhere in between you two is the cut-off between the high's influence from the north and the low's influence from the south :arrowhead:

It looks like I'll have a fun time getting work work at 2:30am if the plows can't keep up with the local roads (good thing I'm in the new office now :D)

Looks like somewhere in between you two is the cut-off between the high's influence from the north and the low's influence from the south :arrowhead:

It looks like I'll have a fun time getting work work at 2:30am if the plows can't keep up with the local roads (good thing I'm in the new office now :D)

Plows....lol

nam spitting out about .25" for loudoun thru 12z.. there was decent consistency that 32 sets up somewhere in that area by that time. would push that .2" ice i guess at leas if right.

The NAM 850 holds onto the freezing line not moving north of the VA border til after 06Z

however (and this is the important part) freezing on the 700-850 quickly moves to Canada. So quick that the warm nose is to the Canadian border before 06Z

My take on it is that most points around here will see a quick dusting of front end snow to perhaps

an inch for a lucky few and then three hours of sleety stuff and then prolonged freezing rain.

Cliff notes version: a normal Mid-Atlantic slopage.

Rain for mostly everyone before sunrise.

Archived