joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco -II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out the radar from the OKX perspective. To me it appears the precip is ever so slightly beginning to pivot. Echos were coming from SW earlier, then S, now they appear to be moving toward a SE to NW orientation. Someone in northern CT/RI and east central MA appears to be in the jackpot zone due to this pivotting action.

My guess is the northern Rhode Island hills are the jackpot. They are a snow belt of sorts, I think they maxed out in the '78 blizzard with about 50 inches.

wow bridgeport CT east bound is getting into 3/hr rates........NW RI getting buried. wow.......someone in NW ri is gonna get 20 ....even thou the storm is only gonna last from 1 am to 1pm.

Can confirm the 3+ an hour part.. 3.2 in one hour!! 36 dBZ currently over me now it looks almost like fog. Can't see very far.

LOL I am not saying complete bust.

I am just saying if you have 16" forecasted I think this might be a 12 incher. Nothing to cry about. You have to admit though, this thing is absolutely clocking.

Great banding setting up though!

It's doing exactly what it was supposed to time wise. Heavy snow till 10:00 am then lighter snows the rest of the day

LOL I am not saying complete bust.

I am just saying if you have 16" forecasted I think this might be a 12 incher. Nothing to cry about. You have to admit though, this thing is absolutely clocking.

Great banding setting up though!

Thats not a bust

Lol the nickelodeon slime storm a few years back.

Yeah you were like "I just went outside and heard shotgun blasts in the woods out back" and you had like 2" of snow, lol. It was the 1/14/08 storm...I remember it was the only thing that kept me sane after the Giants beat the Cowboys a few hours earlier in that playoff game.

The best area of dynamics is coming to halt near the MA/NH border for a little bit over the next couple hours...but it looks like it should make a good surge in the 3-4am period...so I'd expect by 5-6am it should be going really good. You might have to be a bit patient these next couple hours though.But maybe it comes in a bit quicker.

Thanks. I figured our heaviest stuff would be after 5am, but with the earlier onset wasn't sure how fast the stronger lift would make it northward. Coming down at a decent clip, just horrible snow growth right now. I have about 0.3" new over the last hour and a half :lol:

Starting to rip here, lights on the neighbors house which about 100 yards away are starting to become just a glow through a fog...this what we wait all year for! Stop the complaining and enjoy it, no matter where most of us are, we're waking up to fresh snow.

Thanks. I figured our heaviest stuff would be after 5am, but with the earlier onset wasn't sure how fast the stronger lift would make it northward. Coming down at a decent clip, just horrible snow growth right now. I have about 0.3" new over the last hour and a half :lol:

I'm guessing you got some of the leftover lift from the early push down here...and its well above the snowgrowth region...probably up at like 500mb or something. Once the lift deepens and becomes more established through a larger part of the column, your snow growth will improve a lot and I'm sure it will come down a lot heavier. You should pound S+ for at least a few hours early this morning. Probably between like 5-10am.

Archived