• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z Models 01/08/11

Despite the GOM low looking further south at 36hrs, there seems to be a lot more confluence in the moisture between the southern and northern streams... On the one hand I guess that's a good thing... On the other, it does build my concern about the inland low drawing in the moisture and temps if the two don't phase "properly".

gfs_700_036s.gif

That's not at all what is depicted on the 84 hour NAM.

No it shows a quick 2-4 inches and then a dry slot. Not a terrible solution. I'd prefer the slightly wetter euro but all the models seem to be going accumulating snow. It's not worthy of the bus but might be worthy of sled.I was talking about dc not points northward.

No it shows a quick 2-4 inches and then a dry slot. Not a terrible solution. I'd prefer the slightly wetter euro but all the models seem to be going accumulating snow. It's not worthy of the bus but might be worthy of sled.

GFS may be realistic... but isn't very impressive. It seems to be putting a lot of weight on that inland low... sort of an overphase, where the two streams come together over the deep south, then split apart again as they turn northwards...

GFS remains an outlier. Looks nothing like the other models. Misses everyone basically.

If you look at the 06Z ensemble tracks it's close to being in the middle until it get to near hatteras and then the tracks diverge and the gfs is on the east side of the envelope. Right now, I'd play the middle ground but will wait for the euro to see what it has to offer. The models are still having loads of problems handling the shortwave in the west.

If you look at the 06Z ensemble tracks it's close to being in the middle until it get to near hatteras and then the tracks diverge and the gfs is on the east side of the envelope. Right now, I'd play the middle ground but will wait for the euro to see what it has to offer. The models are still having loads of problems handling the shortwave in the west.

Well, even the wimpy GFS gives us a couple inches so that's not too bad.

The GFS may be missing some of the dynamics for the coastal low. Water temps are still relatively warm and convection / latent heat might make the coastal low stronger than the inland low. We'll have to see how this unfolds, but I'm thinking the we'll see a trend in the models for a deeper coastal surface low.

12z EC ensembles have primary low and secondary forming just se of ILM at hr 72. AT hr 84, the primary has weakened rapidly near PIT and secondary low has formed and moved to a position maybe 60-70 miles east of Wallops Island. AT hr 96, the low passes in between ACK and the 40/70 benchmark. I can't see qpf, however.

12z EC ensembles have primary low and secondary forming just se of ILM at hr 72. AT hr 84, the primary has weakened rapidly near PIT and secondary low has formed and moved to a position maybe 60-70 miles east of Wallops Island. AT hr 96, the low passes in between ACK and the 40/70 benchmark. I can't see qpf, however.

Is this east or west of the operational?

post-1597-0-16353200-1294517700.jpg

Same colors as above

Thanks, that's awesome.

While I'm on a roll... What would be really awesome would be a graph that shows the model means between the two tracks, including weighting for the strengths of the lows. I don't suppose you have any of those up your sleeve?

Are ACK and the BM at the same longitude? If this was the case, it would mean the low was bending more eastward at that point. Not a big deal, but interesting nonetheless.... I wonder if it slows down any?

Archived