amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
PHL 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea, you were in between the 2 bands, subsidence, ouch. Whats this years theme? Last your was 100 or bust. You got the 100 degree temps. Is this year 0 or below, or bust?

im a glass half full kind of guy, yay for 10"+ in a La Nina! in Dec! (but being between two bands is a bit rough on the soul)

Much like today's event, I'd lean on the lighter side on my snow totals guesses for tomorrow.....

1-2" south of I-78 in PA and east of Rt. 222 stretching from ABE to LNS.

Once you get southeast of Philly, 2-3" with a potential for isolated 5" amounts.

That's taking into account 12z NAM/GFS/GEM.

Much like today's event, I'd lean on the lighter side on my snow totals guesses for tomorrow.....

1-2" south of I-78 in PA and east of Rt. 222 stretching from ABE to LNS.

Once you get southeast of Philly, 2-3" with a potential for isolated 5" amounts.

That's taking into account 12z NAM/GFS/GEM.

since i live within walking distance of you - what do you expect for us tomorrow in our neck of the woods?

since i live within walking distance of you - what do you expect for us tomorrow in our neck of the woods?

Well, I think today it helped our snow fell primarily before or around daybreak....it will be interesting to see what snow totals are like today up in northern Jersey, NYC, Long Island with snow falling during daylight hours due to solar radiation (the sun's rays shining through the clouds, even on cloudy days). I always feel like a little accumulation is wasted when that happens unless it is an intense storm. With that said, after thinking 1.5" today, and getting 2.25" I'm thinking around 1.0" tomorrow. I tend to be a bit conservative in my guesses, so we'll see....

Archived