Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
PHL 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some lift ahead of the system has produced some returns(only around 10-15 dbz),and this should hopefully moisten up the boundary layer. Odd that as it moved through, the following ob had a dewpoint that dropped a degree while temps held steady. However, returns are looking much better over central pa. Lets hope that band sets itself up before it reaches philly!

Light snow in Tamaqua at 5:00AM. So far we have .75" accumulation at the first measurement.

NWS dropped forecast totals from 2-4 down to about one inch or so, and nothing of any real significance for the second wave.

Today: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 30. Southeast wind at 6 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tonight: Scattered snow showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. West wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

On the way in this Elliot indicated the possibility of another period of snow tomorrow, late am / early pm that could drop as much as another 1-2"

PA must have stock in a salt comapny, I've never seen so much salt on the road prior to a storm in my life, NJ is entirely different story, salting now after the snow has started.

wow.....what kind of work cancels for less then an inch of snow? must be nice

I don't know about him, but I travel on some very steep mine roads, and if they aren't cleared from even one inch, climbing them can be quite the adventure. Plus, my boss, who is also the owner of the truck, feels a day of lost revenue is better than wrecking or damaging a truck which carries the potential for a significant amount of downtime for repairs.

Not questioning a delay for a hour but to cancel when the roads will be clear in a couple hours?....I thought it might be a school,,,,I am sure a few will have a delayed opening but not many cancellations I would suspect

I don't know about him, but I travel on some very steep mine roads, and if they aren't cleared from even one inch, climbing them can be quite the adventure. Plus, my boss, who is also the owner of the truck, feels a day of lost revenue is better than wrecking or damaging a truck which carries the potential for a significant amount of downtime for repairs.

Archived