Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
PHL 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

23Z HRRR has a line of heavy snow moving through Philly 8-9am

I don't know how accurate it is with winter events but I hear the HRRR is supposed to take over for the RUC one of these days. Its sim radar was pretty good with severe weather out in colorado last year

0z nam is agreeing with this depiction. Looks like a couple hr squall line that comes through and drops a quick inch or two.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z nam is agreeing with this depiction. Looks like a couple hr squall line that comes through and drops a quick inch or two.

yeah it's going to be a tough call for schools. people hound me like crazy at school asking if we're going to have off, when i have no idea what our school will decide. we're private, so we don't necessarily do what the township does.

something else to watch out for on saturday as a vorticity rotates around the pv could case another small area of enhanced precip that could rotate through the area. The nam has picked up on this as well as the 12z euro, the 18z gfs has it to, but alil further south.

nam is continuing to show a 2nd band that forms in response to the vorticity coming through around the pv

NAM_221_2011010700_F39_CREF_SURFACE.png

Hi Carmen,

Hope all is well...this one will not be a big deal but....tuesday/Wed...that could be something!

Hi Paul. I am doing well. Hoping the storm on Tuesday next week works out well for us. I miss the good old days were living out here was a positive. I work in South Jersey and they keep killing us in the total accumulation department. It wasn't that long ago that we would get 4-5 snow events that were rain for them!

If possible, i would appreciate it if you could give us an update on the wxism after the new gfs comes out.

Carmen

That's going to be a fun drive back from Atlantic City on Saturday. There's barely any surface support for it, either. Just straight CVA aloft.

the nam has had this feature for like 4 straight runs, each run more impressive. The euro had it at 12z, and the gfs had it at 18z run but it was further south... tacks on another .1 or so for phl...with almost .25 for south jersey.

yeah it's going to be a tough call for schools. people hound me like crazy at school asking if we're going to have off, when i have no idea what our school will decide. we're private, so we don't necessarily do what the township does.

what school? egan or holy ghost prep?

People do the same thing with me at my school. I usually say there's not a very good chance of getting off so people will either not be disappointed or be pleasantly surprised. :lol:

People do the same thing with me at my school. I usually say there's not a very good chance of getting off so people will either not be disappointed or be pleasantly surprised. :lol:

that's also my tactic. i went so far as to print out a sign that said "NO" and tape it to myself at lunch :arrowhead:

well now that its very isolated, you should post more. Not many in the philly area post that much. Since now we are soley focused on this area i hope it brings people out.

I started coming out my shell more during the last storm and posting more. I'm still learning, but my somehow my posts were so subpar, that my warn bar is partially lit up. Now, I am hesitant to post at all in these threads because I would hate to get limited/suspended/banned. It's kind of funny too because I still see certain members posting crap day after day after day.

I am not sure if that's causing others to hold back. It may sound corny to some of you, but I was mortified to see even a warning lol.

Archived