Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Atlantic Tropical Action 2010

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invest 94L is producing some really robust convection overnight-- probably partly because it's getting some dmax lovin'. But it's still encouraging.

By the way, check out that big disturbance waaaaay E of S America. I mean, it is absurd to be looking for action anywhere E of 75W this time of year, but hey-- it's hard not to notice it:

post-19-0-47837200-1289636970.jpg

Invest 94L is producing some really robust convection overnight-- probably partly because it's getting some dmax lovin'. But it's still encouraging.

By the way, check out that big disturbance waaaaay E of S America. I mean, it is absurd to be looking for action anywhere E of 75W this time of year, but hey-- it's hard not to notice it:

post-19-0-47837200-1289636970.jpg

Boy that about as far south as you can look really. If it persists and moves WNW might be something to monitor.

:lmao:

Its what the North will do to you :)

Yeah-- but I thought his tropical roots were strong enough to resist these corrupting influences. I'm just so disappointed. I knew Turtle from when he was just a pup.

Boy that about as far south as you can look really. If it persists and moves WNW might be something to monitor.

Yeah, perhaps the energy can just kind of slip under the seasonal troughs and make it to the W Caribbean-- of course, after 100-kt Virginie makes landfall in BZ. :sun:

P.S. Nice to see you over here, by the way. :)

Yeah-- but I thought his tropical roots were strong enough to resist these corrupting influences. I'm just so disappointed. I knew Turtle from when he was just a pup.

Yeah, perhaps the energy can just kind of slip under the seasonal troughs and make it to the W Caribbean-- of course, after 100-kt Virginie makes landfall in BZ. :sun:

P.S. Nice to see you over here, by the way. :)

Yeah I lurk about in these tropical threads, its not really my strongest suit, so i let the experts analyze and I sit back and watch. :)

94L has been upgraded to 40% medium level for development.

Conditions still seem pretty favorable for development as pretty decent and now more concentrated convection continues to persist.

Virginie in 2 days anyone ? :wub:

I am a bit mystified why the GFDL and HWRF have not been run since yesterday.....

12Z Canadian and GFS move a weak low slowly towards NE Nicaragua/Honduras. Not sure why these models are not developing it much, no shear is forecast really.....

Yeah, it's weird. SHIPS still brings it to ~70 kt. (Woo hoo!)

The 1 pm EST TWO keeps it at 40% but notes it "continues to show signs of organization".

NOUS42 KNHC 131530

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1030 AM EST SAT 13 NOVEMBER 2010

SUBJECT: TROPICAL CYCLONE PLAN OF THE DAY (TCPOD)

VALID 14/1100Z TO 15/1100Z NOVEMBER 2010

TCPOD NUMBER.....10-165

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK: PROBABLE LOW LEVEL INVEST

NEAR 12.0 AND 79.0W AT 15/1800Z.

Archived