Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Atlantic Tropical Action 2010

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, how's it going? Glad you made it across. :)

going well. I've been around... but just lurking mostly. I haven't kept up the development of that hurricane hunters project you may remember my working on back in college (we had multiple discussions about).

Obviously I still have an interest in tropical wx, but alas, life gets in the way of me having time to make community contributions with my coding talents... the problem is its going to opposite way and i continue to get busier and busier. First work, and now the wife, and more recently the baby (8 months old now)... so thus I lurk and just keep tabs on how it is going. since I have no formal met training I cant justify posting too much since I wont have any meaningful insight and I wouldnt want to gain a weenie tag. :banned:

Other than that life is good

going well. I've been around... but just lurking mostly. I haven't kept up the development of that hurricane hunters project you may remember my working on back in college (we had multiple discussions about).

Obviously I still have an interest in tropical wx, but alas, life gets in the way of me having time to make community contributions with my coding talents... the problem is its going to opposite way and i continue to get busier and busier. First work, and now the wife, and more recently the baby (8 months old now)... so thus I lurk and just keep tabs on how it is going. since I have no formal met training I cant justify posting too much since I wont have any meaningful insight and I wouldnt want to gain a weenie tag. :banned:

Other than that life is good

Wow-- lots of news with you! Nice.

I was wondering what happened with that coding project you were working on. Wow-- that was a long time ago. Nice to see you here again-- don't be a stranger.

Wow-- lots of news with you! Nice.

I was wondering what happened with that coding project you were working on. Wow-- that was a long time ago. Nice to see you here again-- don't be a stranger.

Yeah... I had lots of plans with it too (and honestly it helped me get my job out of college... Interviewers were impressed that I had taken initiative to code something that wasnt assigned to me just for the sheer interest of doing it)

I saw that a couple years ago they changed the format of some of the vortex messages... so code would need a serious rewrite to start working again. On the plus side Ive gained a ton of knowledge from my 3 1/2 years so far in the coding industry.

Maybe I'll pick it up again some day... I sorta wanted to be able to make it a user application eventually not some web based thing like it was initially. I also wanted to overlay reported coordinates with the sattelite imagry from around the referenced time... would certainly be an interesting picture.

Archived