• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

Actually what this indicates to me is that the low may be 1) tracking west as in closer to ELI and 2) Its entering its period of explosive intensification.

CAP's rule sleet or snow mix over W CT is awesome for the HV and the Berkshires and SVT.

Can't argue CAP--how will you be faring in gfl? How about Rick?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lull will be pinched off...money!

I hope everyone has a great time today and tonite!

And just be glad for what you get and be thankful you are not me: I am trapped in Scottsdale, AZ visiting family. I would rather be listening to a few sleet pings in the middle of a potential HECS than sitting here watching the radar from sunny Arizona.

At least my neighbors said they would clear my driveway and walk. When I get back on Wed, I can look forward to another long lull in the pattern.

I love my family, but I am so disappointing to be missing this!

Actually what this indicates to me is that the low may be 1) tracking west as in closer to ELI and 2) Its entering its period of explosive intensification.

CAP's rule sleet or snow mix over W CT is awesome for the HV and the Berkshires and SVT.

really, it is snow grains with large flakes mixed in...what do you think is gonn happen with that?

I'm not under that heavy band yet here in Newport...but when the snow let up in the past hour temps rose and the snow stopped accumulating despite the intensity of the snow. It's 33/34 here right now at the southern tip of Aquidneck Island and there's about 3 inches on the ground but it's melting in spots. 3 miles to my northwest at the Newport Bridge temps were lower and snow depths were higher....a few miles, even out in the open Bay can make a difference in a set-up like this.

Back to all snow. And for the record there was ip mixed with snowgrains, however as said back to all snow.

Mega band inbound now, and wow at the south coast of ri, about to get hammered!!!!!!! Hammer time!!!!

3.5-4.0 down and the real show is about to begin, deform band/fronotgenesis from dendriticaville :snowman:

I'm not under that heavy band yet here in Newport...but when the snow let up in the past hour temps rose and the snow stopped accumulating despite the intensity of the snow. It's 33/34 here right now at the southern tip of Aquidneck Island and there's about 3 inches on the ground but it's melting in spots. 3 miles to my northwest at the Newport Bridge temps were lower and snow depths were higher....a few miles, even out in the open Bay can make a difference in a set-up like this.

From RI Highway Webcam

Near Newport Bridge (East end)

Started snowing here in Chelmsford, MA at 3:31PM. Now, at 4:54PM, it is beginning to come down moderately with some blowing and the temperature has dropped to 19.6 degrees (from about 22.1 degrees when it started snowing). About 3/4 inch on ground but hard to tell because of blowing and because of about an inch that fell earlier this morning (unrelated to the storm).

Now, I have a plywood snowman across the street from me with a spotlight on it. Usually during big storms during the Christmas season, the snowman becomes mostly invisible due to the spotlight being covered with snow. It takes about 6 inches of snow to cover the spotlight so I will keep everybody posted.

Archived