christians
    Newest Member
    christians
New York City, Northern NJ, Long Island, Southeast NY, Connecticut OBS

earthlight

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're close to 6" now although it's very tough to measure accurately due to all the wind. VERY heavy snow once again, but the flakes are smaller than before, so we're losing some of the great ratios we had earlier. Looks like one hellacious band developing just east and south of here with orange echos now on Upton radar.

Just saw the report. 4.0" in Long Beach as of 2 hours ago, so 6" now might not be far off.

JFK 2.5 inches.... nice... I can already see we are going to have problems with this storm (especially with them measuring from atop a roof lol). Shades of 14" in Feb 1978.....

5 inches plus and counting.....

What I don't get is that on the 4pm obs it said heavy snow snow increasing rapidly and total 4 inches by 5pm there is no mention of snow amounts and they report 2.5 ???

I think we're close to 6" now although it's very tough to measure accurately due to all the wind. VERY heavy snow once again, but the flakes are smaller than before, so we're losing some of the great ratios we had earlier. Looks like one hellacious band developing just east and south of here with orange echos now on Upton radar.

Just saw the report. 4.0" in Long Beach as of 2 hours ago, so 6" now might not be far off.

Hopefully that band pivots through soon, looks like it has 1 inch plus hourly snowfall rates!

Archived