• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

oh I see.  There was an inversion that we needed to cook off.  Temps just surged in the last hour where ever there's sun. 

We looked like we'd be a bit under guidance ( machine ) as of 10 am.  It was just 71 .. 72 in the region at that time. But it's 78 .. 80 really quickly just in the last hour. 

So the machine numbers may in fact be too cool ?   here's a stretch, maybe they'll be right.  no way

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

oh I see.  There was an inversion that we needed to cook off.  Temps just surged in the last hour where ever there's sun. 

We looked like we'd be a bit under guidance ( machine ) as of 10 am.  It was just 71 .. 72 in the region at that time. But it's 78 .. 80 really quickly just in the last hour. 

So the machine numbers may in fact be too cool ?   here's a stretch, maybe they'll be right.  no way

noticed that too .. seemed to go from U60s to near 80 very quickly last hour

14 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

noticed that too .. seemed to go from U60s to near 80 very quickly last hour

Even KBDL is jumped to 73 now that the strata has poofed away.    So the typically heat-challenged Tolland area of interior N CT may even see 80 but fall just short of everywhere else ...

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Still struggling to reach 70 here in the HFD area. Almost there though. 

82 here ... 

see, you'll probably end up around there by mid afternoon.  Like what happened here, we had a critical threshold moment where the diurnal inversion needed to be cooked away and then we surged from 71 to 82 over the last 1 hr or so.   You're delayed by some 2 hours because of that weird strata's ability to defy the sun's direct physical absorption.  haha

When we get those morning weird layers they do steal away from the day.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even today .. dews all in this area are 64-67. Certainly a few extra wipes needed. Love it 

Yeah I noticed it just now. A few extra pieces needing to be gently removed from the cheeks in spots. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS and euro are interesting.

I don't hate the look...  Euro seems a bit excessively deep with the synoptic low... but the synoptics are flaccid and the error can higher due to noisiness blah blah

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Tomorrow’s highs for the MOS munchers

image.gif

Okay that's Plymouth edu

where are you getting your machine numerics ?  I've been using Weather.gov but here we are almost mid afternoon and the 12z MAV/MEX are still populating the output with 00 or 06 z when you send in your site requests.  

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Okay that's Plymouth edu

where are you getting your machine numerics ?  I've been using Weather.gov but here we are almost mid afternoon and the 12z MAV/MEX are still populating the output with 00 or 06 z when you send in your site requests.  

TAMU usually updates pretty fast. 
https://wdi.geos.tamu.edu

• Thanks 1