• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

7 hours ago, canderson said:

I know I post too much about wind but I loathe it. Saturday night might see winds up to ~55 mph. The front is stronger than what we saw today and the gradient looks tighter.   

I don't know how much more of this wind I can take. Especially when you wanna work outside. Seems to me it's a never ending thing.

tempete-windy.gif

• Haha 2

We saw widespread 20's across the area this morning and temps today will struggle to reach the mid-40's. This is almost 10 degrees below normal levels for late March. Today and Friday will be sunny but a developing noreaster will move up the coast with rain starting by later Friday night and lasting through the day on Saturday. We could see almost 2 inches of rain before ending Saturday night.
County wide records for today: High 88 degrees Phoenixville (1948) / Low 7 above Phoenixville (1965) / Rain 2.52" Nottingham (2019)/ Snow 13.0" Devault (1958)
image.png.1fc1f930504b95153837c4498d4f55f8.png
  • Like 1

i will tell you about yesterdays wind. As i was walking out of the grocery store, a big gust blew a large shopping cart out of the cart staging receptacle and was rolling quickly across the parking lot.....................heading right at my truck. just as the words *@#$! *&^% !%^+#$ were coming out of my mouth, a good Samaritan sprinted and grabbed the cart.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i will tell you about yesterdays wind. As i was walking out of the grocery store, a big gust blew a large shopping cart out of the cart staging receptacle and was rolling quickly across the parking lot.....................heading right at my truck. just as the words *@#$! *&^% !%^+#$ were coming out of my mouth, a good Samaritan sprinted and grabbed the cart.   

Did he look like this?   Nooners 32 and mostly sunny.    Get those brackets in ASAP.

image.jpeg.011ccb4d3929d1e90f347d2e8b01d8f4.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yes, get those NCAA wrestling brackets filled out, action starts at noon!  Oh wait, we're talking basketball again, silly me. 
I have a meeting at 1 PM. Who the FUCK schedules a meeting on the first day of the tournament?!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

EC keeps hating on opening day...rain and snow.  My no shorts until April comment is still not looking too crazy.  GFS does have one day where it sneaks to 60 but no real warm days (highs) the rest of the month outside that one.   Even at home I am not wearing shorts if it is 54 and windy. 

image.thumb.png.702cc01c485ce96a16af264f00deac39.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC keeps hating on opening day...rain and snow.  My no shorts until April comment is still not looking too crazy.  GFS does have one day where it sneaks to 60 but no real warm days (highs) the rest of the month outside that one.   Even at home I am not wearing shorts if it is 54 and windy. 

image.thumb.png.702cc01c485ce96a16af264f00deac39.png

I was discouraged to see this today - the GFS cleared us out next Thursday and Friday and provided 2 opportunities to get Opening Day in. I honestly have zero concern for temps, I just want dry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was discouraged to see this today - the GFS cleared us out next Thursday and Friday and provided 2 opportunities to get Opening Day in. I honestly have zero concern for temps, I just want dry. 

I do not think I would go to a night game if the temps were in the 30's and 40's.  I am getting old.  LOL 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not think I would go to a night game if the temps were in the 30's and 40's.  I am getting old.  LOL 

Pretty sure I'm a little older. :)  

A 40 degree night at a Steelers game in early January is a godsend. A 45 degree afternoon in Philly should theoretically be better...right? 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pretty sure I'm a little older. :)  

A 40 degree night at a Steelers game in early January is a godsend. A 45 degree afternoon in Philly should theoretically be better...right? 

You are older, I just would not do it at a night game.    I was thinking it was a night game based on some of your other posts but see it is later afternoon.  That is not too bad if 40's but not 30's for me.    If I were playing a sport or otherwise moving, that would be different :-) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are older, I just would not do it at a night game.    I was thinking it was a night game based on some of your other posts but see it is later afternoon.  That is not too bad if 40's but not 30's for me.    If I were playing a sport or otherwise moving, that would be different :-) 

They timed it to perfectly coincide with rush hour traffic leaving Philly on I95. Adding 45,000 to the daily grind will be all kinds of fun! 

• Haha 1