• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

The sun is already breaking out this AM. Should see mostly sunny skies to start the holiday weekend both today through Sunday....although there will be a slight chance of showers each day. Sunday night into Monday looks to be the wettest day.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1924) / Low 30 degrees at Coatesville (1956) / Rain 2.62" at West Chester (1979)
image.png.e16f5b92a50360b845a07252b249be51.png

Mainly sunny skies again today with temps again reaching the 80's across the county. Partly sunny tomorrow before rain chances and possibly some heavier thunderstorms arrive Sunday night through Monday. We start the week with above normal temps but look to cool back down to below normal by the end of the week.
Records for today: High 95 degrees in Phoenixville (1936) / Low 28 degrees at Devault (1956) / Rain 2.70" at Phoenixville (1930)
image.png.558e0c7a10ea59b4e37e3c74ec021c9b.png

22 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Anybody remember this much pollen so late in May? Usually done by the 20th I thought.

Funny thing, I went a couple weeks prior to this episode with practically nothing. It's just in past week I've been getting plastered daily...pollen that is.

Hoping some of this stuff makes it far enough E to give me a 2min steady shower to wash off the green stuff...

82F/Cloudy

hop.jpg

these storms have died out every evening. Just a light rain shower. Have not had a decent t-storm in weeks.  Allentown and points north have seen some rains this past week but Berks, Montgomery and southern part of Lehigh County---- zilch. Just like last year. Hoping Monday pays off.

Today will be our warmest day for the rest of the week as most spots will hit the low to mid 80's. Rain chances increase tonight into tomorrow with some of the rain heavy by Monday night. We start a cooling trend on Tuesday with temps a bit below normal for Wednesday through Friday.
Records for today: High 94 degrees in Phoenixville (2018) / Low 35 degrees at Coatesville (1972) / Rain 2.29" at West Grove (1952)
image.png.29fb6f4034074fde520443189affe27e.png

A thank you on this Memorial Day to our Veterans who served our country!
Some hazy sun this morning with some thunderstorms popping this afternoon and into the evening. Beautiful weather returns tomorrow before showers Wednesday. After that a great stretch of weather from Thursday right through next weekend.
Chester County area records for today: High 95 degrees at Coatesville (1914) / Record low Morgantown/Elverson 34 degrees (1972) / Rain 2.85" at Phoenixville (2018)
image.png.bba27937e84d15b93e8c00cb32ef337a.png
  • Like 1

wow, I am getting real sick of the media blowing up 3-5 day forecasts with their BS scare tactics. The ignorant public is walking on egg shells. The media takes a 3-5 day forecast and sentionailzes the event in their newspapers.  Easton and Phillipsburg publically announced they were canceling their memeorial day parades 3 days in advance. If this was a winter storm maybe yes  that might be the case.  But a round of afternoon t- storms- give me a break. The media made this sound like it was hurricane hitting this area with torrential downpours ALL DAY.  MT Holly needs to make the media post disclaimers that their 3-5 day forecasts are just that-- a forecast- not gospel. I do not fault the NWS but I fault these idiots at the media for blowing this entire forecast out of the water and making the NWS look like idiots at the same time.  

My thoughts- the NWS should not comment anymore to the press about their forecasts until 48 hours preceeding the event and without a disclaimer. There are too many gullible politicians and ignorant people about weather forecasting and its science and a media who loves to sensationlize anything to sell ads with abolutley no risk. 

Right now. Great morning for a parade with no t-storms until late this afternoon. The is pretty unstable right now. With the excessive pollen in the air, the setup for severe weather is increasing by the hour. Tornado/severere t-storm watches by 2 pm would be a good bet. That is what the media should be concentrated on. 

1 hour ago, Albedoman said:

wow, I am getting real sick of the media blowing up 3-5 day forecasts with their BS scare tactics. The ignorant public is walking on egg shells. The media takes a 3-5 day forecast and sentionailzes the event in their newspapers.  Easton and Phillipsburg publically announced they were canceling their memeorial day parades 3 days in advance. If this was a winter storm maybe yes  that might be the case.  But a round of afternoon t- storms- give me a break. The media made this sound like it was hurricane hitting this area with torrential downpours ALL DAY.  MT Holly needs to make the media post disclaimers that their 3-5 day forecasts are just that-- a forecast- not gospel. I do not fault the NWS but I fault these idiots at the media for blowing this entire forecast out of the water and making the NWS look like idiots at the same time.  

My thoughts- the NWS should not comment anymore to the press about their forecasts until 48 hours preceeding the event and without a disclaimer. There are too many gullible politicians and ignorant people about weather forecasting and its science and a media who loves to sensationlize anything to sell ads with abolutley no risk. 

Right now. Great morning for a parade with no t-storms until late this afternoon. The is pretty unstable right now. With the excessive pollen in the air, the setup for severe weather is increasing by the hour. Tornado/severere t-storm watches by 2 pm would be a good bet. That is what the media should be concentrated on. 

100% agree, this was never gonna be a morning thing anyway  late afternoon and evening is what I was hearing. Now was there a chance of showers this morning yes, but to cancel parades that were planned for nearly a year for shower chances were uncalled for. I was on a parade committee about 30 years ago and understand what goes into them. 

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to be much convection with what's rolling through now. Not much sun today and I imagine the current showers aren't helping with instability. But what do I know?

Currently rain, 72F/DP 71F

Norman, OK up with the ST Watches -

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 333
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
145 PM EDT MON MAY 27 2024

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 333 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC001-011-015-017-025-029-037-041-043-045-069-071-075-077-079-
081-089-091-093-095-097-099-101-103-107-109-113-115-119-127-131-
133-280100-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0333.240527T1745Z-240528T0100Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ADAMS                BERKS               BRADFORD
BUCKS                CARBON              CHESTER
COLUMBIA             CUMBERLAND          DAUPHIN
DELAWARE             LACKAWANNA          LANCASTER
LEBANON              LEHIGH              LUZERNE
LYCOMING             MONROE              MONTGOMERY
MONTOUR              NORTHAMPTON         NORTHUMBERLAND
PERRY                PHILADELPHIA        PIKE
SCHUYLKILL           SNYDER              SULLIVAN
SUSQUEHANNA          UNION               WAYNE
WYOMING              YORK
$$

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 333
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
145 PM EDT MON MAY 27 2024

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 333 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NJC003-005-007-013-017-019-021-023-025-027-029-031-035-037-039-
041-280100-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0333.240527T1745Z-240528T0100Z/

NJ
.    NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERGEN               BURLINGTON          CAMDEN
ESSEX                HUDSON              HUNTERDON
MERCER               MIDDLESEX           MONMOUTH
MORRIS               OCEAN               PASSAIC
SOMERSET             SUSSEX              UNION
WARREN
$$

Had a quick-hitting shower early this morning for 0.05" but have been under heavier returns the past hour or so and currently ave moderate rain and 0.53" in the bucket.  Temp 71 with dp 71.  Low this morning was 68.

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

One round left to move through here and that's about it except for a low chance 6-9 pm this evening.

.30 event total not so good lower than all guidance

I'm thinking late this afternoon/evening will be better than just now?

72F/DP 70F