• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

Near the top of the chart for cloudiest May after already securing the cloudiest January this year. I'm sure it's all perfectly normal. Weather World says this pattern continues through mid June. Year without a summer?

• Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Near the top of the chart for cloudiest May after already securing the cloudiest January this year. I'm sure it's all perfectly normal. Weather World says this pattern continues through mid June. Year without a summer?

PLEEZE!!!

This spring reminds me of 2003...stayed damp & chilly well into mid June that year.

Our gloomy weather continues with limited sunshine over the next couple days and a good shot at some showers by tomorrow night. Sun returns Sunday and should stick around through Wednesday.
Chester County records for today: High 94 degrees at Phoenixville (2017) / Low 29 degrees at Devault 1W (1956) / Rain 1.71" KMQS Airport in Coatesville (2018)
image.png.e43ae471b65b7611e5c4f8442a8d18fe.png

the media can stick this forecasted inferno summer  where the sun doesn't shine -----  oops thats right here. Rinse repeat with drizzle again this weekend. This is just an incredible weather pattern we are stuck in. No storms  can fire up east of Columbus Ohio. stratus rain clouds that hang on forever. The amount of mold spores has to be off the charts in our area. I wish for a normal convective squall line to appear with a cold front but I do see that happening until June. What  really dislike is the gusty winds that have accompanied these stratus clouds like yesterday with 30 mph gusts and temps in the low 60's Its like fall weather

Today looks to be our last chilly and dreary day with temps struggling to no higher than the mid 60's. The sun returns tomorrow. Our next chance of rain after today looks to be Wednesday night. Some lower spots could approach 80 degrees on Wednesday before we fall back to near normal temps around the mid 70's toward the Memorial Day Weekend!
Chester County wide records for today: High 95 degrees on this date back in 1962 at Devault 1W, Coatesville 1SW and Phoenixville/ Record low occurred just last year with a 29.4 degree temperature in Warwick Township (2023) / Rain 2.68" at Marshallton (2015)
image.png.8beff677150983286e33523014fa3cc1.png

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Well a rainy day overperformer that was suppose to be scattered showers. So much for the bone thrown.

Qtown spring festival went ahead despite a rain date people pissed.

You should have stepped in and told them you are a certified weenie and tomorrow would be a much better day/decision. Actually anyone w/a single brain cell could see tomorrow would be better. Looks like a pretty big sha-bang...vendors must be pissed as well.

Cloudy/light rain/64F

ween.jpg

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

You should have stepped in and told them you are a certified weenie and tomorrow would be a much better day/decision. Actually anyone w/a single brain cell could see tomorrow would be better. Looks like a pretty big sha-bang...vendors must be pissed as well.

Cloudy/light rain/64F

ween.jpg

They go by weatherbug oh well

16 minutes ago, RedSky said:

They go by weatherbug oh well

Didn't even know if that was still around. Either way it sucked and slowed down my PC to a snail. Even my powerhouse PII/256MB couldn't handle it back in the day....

Cloudy/mist/ground still wet/63F

48 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Didn't even know if that was still around. Either way it sucked and slowed down my PC to a snail. Even my powerhouse PII/256MB couldn't handle it back in the day....

Tarot cards are more accurate

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

My 1st PC was a 486-33 (4 on the floor), with (countem) 8 mb of ram.

11 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

My 1st PC was a 486-33 (4 on the floor), with (countem) 8 mb of ram.

My very first PC was a Radio Shack TRS-80 sometime around upper 70s/1980.  (TRS - Tandy Radio Shack)

Zilog Z80 processor at 1.77 megahertz

RAM 4KB

Black and white monitor

In the summer of 1977, Radio Shack introduced the TRS-80 for $599. This offering included a BASIC language interpreter, four kilobytes of RAM, a Zilog Z80 processor at 1.77 megahertz, a twelve-inch video monitor, a cassette recorder, a power supply, and a cassette tape containing the games Blackjack and Backgammon.

It was a beast!

trs.jpg

• Like 1

After another 0.09" of rain yesterday here in East Nantmeal we are way above normal rainfall for the year and almost normal so far here in May. Great news for the local farmers!  Today should see the sun returning at times with temps not too far from normal in the low to mid 70's. Sun from Monday through Wednesday with temps warming into the low 80's. Shower chances by Thursday before the sun returns with temps about normal for Memorial Day weekend.
Records for today across Chester County: High 96 degrees at Phoenixville (1962) of note all 9 reported weather locations on that date in 1962 had highs between 93 and 96 degrees. Record cold was 33 degrees at Kennett Square 2S (2009) / Record rain was the 4.85" that fell in West Chester (1900). All 4 reporting locations that day recorded big rain totals with Phoenixville 4.72" / Coatesville 1SW 3.46" and Kennett Square 2.75"

image.png.58203cae54d28897225dac61389e2327.png

7 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

My very first PC was a Radio Shack TRS-80 sometime around upper 70s/1980.  (TRS - Tandy Radio Shack)

Zilog Z80 processor at 1.77 megahertz

RAM 4KB

Black and white monitor

In the summer of 1977, Radio Shack introduced the TRS-80 for $599. This offering included a BASIC language interpreter, four kilobytes of RAM, a Zilog Z80 processor at 1.77 megahertz, a twelve-inch video monitor, a cassette recorder, a power supply, and a cassette tape containing the games Blackjack and Backgammon.

It was a beast!

trs.jpg

I also had the trs80 running alongside my c64.