March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:
NORWOOD        SUNNY     41  11  29 W20G36    29.92S WCI  32
MARSHFIELD     SUNNY     41   9  26 W13G25    29.89F
PLYMOUTH       SUNNY     40  10  29 W22G40    29.90S WCI  30
TAUNTON        SUNNY     42   9  25 W20G35    29.94R
NEW BEDFORD    MOSUNNY   40   9  28 W22G33    29.94S WCI  30

These weren't even the official highs but not difficult to find, if you bothered to look. Did you get your nap today?

Tropics of SE Mass. Hot in the UPS truck? Throw anymore packages today. How many did you ruin Brian?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea you must be in a protected hollow out near IJD because it's windy as shit here and 35 degrees.Its 38 at IJD with wind gusting to 31

Tell me more about this protected hollow

PXL_20240321_210232087~2.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sled said:

Tell me more about this protected hollow

PXL_20240321_210232087~2.jpg

Nice view looking what direction.  What ya doing for work? Wind was unabated for much of the state don't know how you missed it. I see big damage pick up the chair on your second floor deck. Data is real

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea you must be in a protected hollow out near IJD because it's windy as shit here and 35 degrees.Its 38 at IJD with wind gusting to 31

I think you're both right. I worked outside all  day and it wasn't too bad because I was moving and dressed for it. Just went to the store however with a light coat and it was f****** freezing.

• Like 2

Just now, kdxken said:

I think you're both right. I worked outside all  day and it wasn't too bad because I was moving and dressed for it. Just went to the store however with a light coat and it was f****** freezing.

Dress for success of course it's warmer in the sun late March but also our UPS driver was in the tropics.

• Like 1

Just taking issue with wind chills in the teens. There was a light breeze at times. I spent the first half of the day loading my kiln with wood and the afternoon doing metal roofing over my new air compressor set up outside. If it were more than a light breeze I wouldn't have done that. That part of the view is SSE. Link in bio for what I do.

2 minutes ago, Sled said:

Just taking issue with wind chills in the teens. There was a light breeze at times. I spent the first half of the day loading my kiln with wood and the afternoon doing metal roofing over my new air compressor set up outside. If it were more than a light breeze I wouldn't have done that. That part of the view is SSE. Link in bio for what I do.

Wind was NW must have been blocked. I need to metal roof my generator but that's down the line. Dude your work is exquisite.  Damn son

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

The chickens loved the snow today. They prefer that over their regular water. Let’s get this all frozen. I want lower QPF overall. 

In fact everything is colder woah for you. Trend? Blip? Glue factory FTW?

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wind was NW must have been blocked. I need to metal roof my generator but that's down the line. Dude your work is exquisite.  Damn son

That's typical for NW winds here, both topography and dense forest 70-80 ft tall.  Many Maine points recorded gusts well into the 40s but only mid 30s here.  We're slightly less sheltered on east winds, but it was still an unpleasant surprise last December when we had 4 hours of 50+ gusts and major damage to our woodlot, in addition to running the genny for 100+ hours.  Mid 20s for the afternoon max (spoiled by a cheap 32° high last evening) and WCI near 10.  Several bad crashes reported in the area, probably where the blowing snow was icing the highways.  When I traveled to Farmington this morning, the drifts all seemed to be on the many turns of Route 2 along the Sandy River.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Only our 2nd BN day here, as well, but we'll still be about +8.3 for 1-21.  I was surprised to see only +5.9 there.

Marine sea breeze on nice sunny days typical coastal SNE in spring up to the middle of June

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where? All soundings have gotten colder south on every model. I mean it's critical to people like Jeff and Brian's sensible weather.  Your use of torch...

He’s sleeting probably near 15z or before. Brian that is. Hey I have plans possibly up north so I’m monitoring.