• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Unofficial Overnight February 16/17th Snow/OBS Thread

Light snow here for about the last half hour, once in a while it picks up a good bit, at the moment it's lighter. Down here at the kettle fire there's a dusting on some surfaces. The breeze did pick up a bit right before it started snowing - it felt like it was on the doorstep. Good stuff!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Newman said:

Any Berks reports? Looks like that band meant business and affected much of eastern Berks as well. Might just have to wait for the folks to wake up and hear how much they got 

I will have to dig out the ancient scrolls from the 80's and 90's I think 2.5" an hour is the heaviest snow I have witnessed. That band was dropping 4-5" an hour.

11 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Light snow here for about the last half hour, once in a while it picks up a good bit, at the moment it's lighter. Down here at the kettle fire there's a dusting on some surfaces. The breeze did pick up a bit right before it started snowing - it felt like it was on the doorstep. Good stuff!

Midnight kettle fire nice

6 minutes ago, jhotdog said:

This storm is awful. I’m 5 minutes from Red. Streets r still wet. Radar looks horrible. Redsky I’m 6 minutes from u. Where is the good bands?

Eh closer to 20 minutes away actually I am in Steinsburg a NW Qtown "burb"

The band is I78 east to Metuchen, NJ

14 minutes ago, Newman said:

Any Berks reports? Looks like that band meant business and affected much of eastern Berks as well. Might just have to wait for the folks to wake up and hear how much they got 

Looks like some heavier bands were moving through the north side of Reading and to the east.  I'm 5 miles south of Reading and may be approaching an inch.  Weird storm...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yak said:

Looks like some heavier bands were moving through the north side of Reading and to the east.  I'm 5 miles south of Reading and may be approaching an inch.  Weird storm...

I'm just north of Reading proper. Looks like a couple of inches here so far.

18 minutes ago, jhotdog said:

Never doubt the HRRR. This storm is pathetic. And no way Redsky is at 4.5. My best friend in QTown said he has 1 inch. Lives right off of Tollgate. 

I’m only 15 miles northwest of Quakertown and have gotten 9.2” so far and still dumping good.  My neighbors are in for a surprise when they wake up. lol

I should add that all of that fell in just the last 4 hrs but I’ve been in this heavy band the whole time. 

IMG_5292.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, jhotdog said:

Never doubt the HRRR. This storm is pathetic. And no way Redsky is at 4.5. My best friend in QTown said he has 1 inch. Lives right off of Tollgate. 

I already said I live north of Qtown I am only 8 miles south of Macungie, Qtown proper was SOUTH of the band

Right I am over 6"

1 hour ago, RkTec said:

I’m at 8.0” now in Macungie.  Snow has lightened a bit but still moderate.  Trees are pasted with snow   

Unbelievable- looks worse outside  than the last 10 inch storm here  on Tuesday. Just woke up to another 8-12 inches. That death band did not move after I  went to bed for a few hours.  The Bear Creek ski resort has got to love this. Talk about an over performer.  I am in total disbelief.  It is still coming down  too

1 hour ago, RkTec said:

I’m at 8.0” now in Macungie.  Snow has lightened a bit but still moderate.  Trees are pasted with snow   

Two winter storm warnings within 5 days too.  Mt Holly calling for 10 inches  for this event and I bet I have that much already on my deck

Unbelievable- looks worse outside  than the last 10 inch storm here  on Tuesday. Just woke up to another 8-12 inches. That death band did not move after I  went to bed for a few hours.  The Bear Creek ski resort has got to love this. Talk about an over performer.  I am in total disbelief.  It is still coming down  too

I know this is nuts.  This band has been parked over the area since 11 pm and just continues to dump.  I’ve been waiting for it to let up to go to bed but it just keeps going.  Just hit the 10.0” mark on the snowboard. 

6 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Just now, RkTec said:

I know this is nuts.  This band has been parked over the area since 11 pm and just continues to dump.  I’ve been waiting for it to let up to go to bed but it just keeps going.  Just hit the 10.0” mark on the snowboard. 

The band held together and is beginning to retrograde as the storm pivots south it's the best of all worlds

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

The band held together and is beginning to retrograde as the storm pivots south it's the best of all worlds

I was definitely in a lucky location for this one.  What a surprise it’s been.  Incredible stuff. 

IMG_5293.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1