Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

@Birds~69 latest mesos have you and I at ground zero. Good luck! Can't wait to drive to Telford at 830 :yikes:

It's still raising hell out there (pings galore), wind as well. Hope I kick back to snow.

Like Telford, I've been going through rain, snow, big time sleet, frz rain....right now Telford Frz rain.

Hell, just call out or show up this afternoon...

tel.jpg

• Like 1

Well at post time, I have 0.05" rain yesterday and 0.41" (total 0.46) this morning so far with light rain continuing but the R/S line getting close.   Temp has fallen to 33.

As a note that KYW has Tim Jimenz on the road who earlier reported a coating up in Quakertown and he has been working his way south and is near Souderton and seeing the snow.

kdix_20240213_1027_CC_0.41.png

As of 5 am, we were at 33F with 1/2" of mixed snow/sleet on the ground and as of 6 am it's still 33F and we have almost 1" of snow/sleet on the ground with it being all snow since about 5:30 pm with moderate snow falling now (nice dendrites). Going to need more intensity (more than 1" per hour and we've been less than that), though, to get more than 7" by noon, when things wind down..  

I woke up at 5 am so I didn't see the changeover, but the radar indicates we likely changed from rain to snow around 4 am.  Every surface is covered including the streets in front of our house and it's likely having some sleet helped with overcoming melting as sleet pellets have a much lower surface area per unit volume than snowflakes and melting only occurs at the surface, so melting is much slower for sleet.  

My Upper Darby sis texted to say it is transitioning there and they closed the schools (was a delay but they decided to call it a day).  She said they are getting sleet/ZR.

The light rain had restarted here with a couple more hundredths and I can now barely hear the sound of some pingers mixed in.  Now up to 0.47" (0.52" 2-day).