• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

7 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ha...Eric Webb said the exact opposite Thursday AM. I am in your camp....once the February reload expires in early March, then we rip the bandaid off. 

Yeah...I'm behind in this thread ... But, that's all I meant.   something like that

42 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Thought #2 would interest you guys
6f1f5ae6ff399c9d57b0df1f28d56713.gif

If you're a winter storm enthusiast ... you may want to pay attention to how the 31st/3rd period modulates over future runs...

Having  a recurring theme in the runs ( note the 00z GGEM, too ) of a powerful diving JB jet, while still loading ( altho less, still positive) +PNA tendencies across the continental footprint ... I mean, it's just not dismissible quite yet that something would evolve.  That's been occasionally hinted across all of them at one point or another, recently.  Euro... Even extrapolating the ICON. 

This was always a 27th thru the 5th period of interest fwiw.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If you're a winter storm enthusiast ... you may want to pay attention to how the 31st/3rd period modulates over future runs...

Having  a recurring theme in the runs ( not the 00z GGEM, too ) of a powerful dive E of JB, while still loading ( altho less, still positive) +PNA tendencies across the continent ... I mean, it's just not dismissible quite yet. 

This was always a 24th thru the 5th period of interest fwiw -

Def agree here, instead of focusing on periods that aren’t very forecastable, the period you mentioned has shown some potential as we get closer to it. 

After that ..maybe we can hit 70 around Feb 7 give or take , seems like the ceiling is there for a couple days of a very warm period , thou who knows how that will break and or if NE corner is immune to it .

Not much more than a coin flips faith in mid February turning out better than average pattern but there is obviously cause for optimism , esp as long as model agreement doesn’t  delay it 

Having  a recurring theme in the runs ( note the 00z GGEM, too ) of a powerful diving JB jet, while still loading ( altho less, still positive) +PNA tendencies across the continental footprint ... I mean, it's just not dismissible quite yet that something would evolve.  That's been occasionally hinted across all of them at one point or another, recently.  Euro... Even extrapolating the ICON. 
This was always a 24th thru the 5th period of interest fwiw.

Yea that was close to fuel to fire.

ad92da36d09a9c08e137746b9cd31090.jpg

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That ridge is just a bit too far east I think for later next week.

Probably "as is"  ..sure.   But that "ridge" could end up being less of a full latitude R-wave signature, and more of a blocking node as we get closer - if that happens, we relax the field underneath. That's what happened in the early Feb days of 1978.  I saw 06z GFS and remembered other guidance taking turns ( more or less...) and then it dawned on me - wait a sec.   Low and behold, it's number 2 on the CPCs list ... umm... not shit.

I'm just speculating here. This is not a forecast.  I'm also not really trying to up the potency of the d-drip ( LOL ) either.  It's just that that we're not making this shit up - CPCs has it there because it is true.   Now... granted the analog has that on the 8th, which was after that storied event was already winding down, ... the 'idea' of it is certainly similar genetics.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

I would mald so hard due to me being in Dallas til the 4th...a312d20265d4c5fc626d3ca179a0a310.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

that's how we all know we're reduxing 1978 now .. Thank you for your sacrifice, and congratulations! You are now a member.

You cannot be a considered entry into the weather event seeking league of extraordinary hearts, until you've passed that mandatory hazing ritual by god where for some bizarre uncanny parallax of universal events... it is imperative you are away during the precision temporal bounds of the biggest ... whatever happened in the genre coveted as most dear.  

Just ask Jerry ... he'll explain it to you  lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have noticed that the inability to engaged in nuanced thought is one of the most prevalent issues on this forum.

Yep. It has gotten indisputably worse too over the years. Everything is eithe “MECS/HECS or bust” or “new climate is like DC” or “winter is over, we’re kicking the can again on the pattern change”

The hilarious part is you to ORH might end up with a 30 inch month of January if this next storm produces warning snowfall. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. It has gotten indisputably worse too over the years. Everything is eithe “MECS/HECS or bust” or “new climate is like DC” or “winter is over, we’re kicking the can again on the pattern change”

The hilarious part is you to ORH might end up with a 30 inch month of January if this next storm produces warning snowfall. 

Its largely due to social media IMHO....its fostering an increased proclivity towards iimpulsivity and instant gratification, which is inimical to critical thinking and conducive to an increased tendency to make perfunctory judegements.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its largely due to social media IMHO....its fostering an increased proclivitry towards iimpulsivity and instant gratification, which is inimical to critical thinking and conducive to an increased tendency to make perfunctory judegements.

All media 

Hype/ twist for emotional response / attention = ratings 

So there is a flood of BS / and if you are not manipulating or twisting some headline to induce a added emotional response (and higher ratings) that is probably seen as lost potential revenue / clicks etc and add in on top of that the politicalization of the day creeping into everything 

I don’t think folks realize the layers of impact this has on ability and desire  to critical think , reason , have a respectful convo and  even figure out or trust what  ..is goin on ha

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think SW CT has been boned much worse than NE mass as a % of climo goes on a five year basis 

IDK...maybe because I have done so much "better" in the shitty years...like last year and this year, but the fact is that its tough to find a spot thats been below normal every year since March 2018.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have noticed that the inability to engaged in nuanced thought is one of the most prevalent issues on this forum.

HAHAHA ... and here it only took,  ... 15 years of engagement?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, January hasn’t been the disaster some Make it out to be. 

Phl,bwi and dca all above avg in snowfall currently. The real skunk zone has been Bos down the coast into nyc area. 

• Like 1