• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

46 minutes ago, Its a Breeze said:

Perfect event for a 'Snow Advisory'

Why on Earth did they get rid of those?

NWS went to hazard simplification due to social sciences showing that public interpretation was confused with the various different products. WWA/WSW/Blizzard Warning will be the primary hazards now with an Ice Storm Warning for primary high impact freezing rain only events. This has received a positive reception so far, so don’t expect anything from the past to return. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

NWS went to hazard simplification due to social sciences showing that public interpretation was confused with the various different products. WWA/WSW/Blizzard Warning will be the primary hazards now with an Ice Storm Warning for primary high impact freezing rain only events. This has received a positive reception so far, so don’t expect anything from the past to return. 

They need to keep the Winter Weather Advisory. 

• Like 3

Just now, stormtracker said:

I have a real problem that serious guys and i need your input.  So i just arrived to brunch with Deck Pic. Now think long and hard:  i know I’m gonna drink at least two mimosas. They are $9 each. Bottomless is $19.  What do I do? 

Clearly bottomless 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I have a real problem that serious guys and i need your input.  So i just arrived to brunch with Deck Pic. Now think long and hard:  i know I’m gonna drink at least two mimosas. They are $9 each. Bottomless is $19.  What do I do? 

You don't strike me as a bottomless kinda guy

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Bottomless. Drink atleast 2.5 to get your moneys worth and then assess the day from there. 

• Like 5

Bottomless is the way to go… in all facets of life. As far as your drinks are concerned, it’s clearly the more financially sound decision.
  • Like 2

I'll take 2.5 if it will kindly stick around for the 19th event. It's been a hot minute for snow, even longer for snow on snow.

You get snow, and you get snow, and you get snow..

Let’s get a nice advisory event out of this to start off our late Jan - early march heater
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

I’ll admit, I was skeptical on this second thread. But the new juju along with DT cancelling the storm last night has really turned this baby around.

Make a thread to jinx, then make another one to xnij to jinx.

• Like 3

Just now, stormtracker said:

Y’all are fucking alcoholics. My kinda crew. 

Heading out to hang with my fellas and keep the Sunday wild card NFL tradition going.  It has been over a decade and even babies being born soon before and soon after and snow storms haven’t been able to stop it.  

Might need my 16 yr old son to pick me up tonight!  Beer and legal herbs and cold and football and snow squalls and a 2-4”+ event tomorrow night help the mood.  We are all teachers and could use a snow day for sure. 

Hope all in this sub-forum score a cold smoke even tomorrow night!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, RDM said:

NWS has the upper limit for several locations at 5".  Realize this is likely not going to happen, but one of the locations in that category is the National Mall in DC.  Rare.  

image.thumb.png.a37ce7d8078ae1af08123a58397af354.png

Careful not to get my hopes up with this, but it is encouraging.