• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

22 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

At least the HRRR doesn’t show that 925 warm layer. For now. Either the Nam is onto something or it’s too warm

The NAM has it because it amplifies the coastal some where others don’t. If you can call 1010 amplified lol. So it’s probably wrong.  But…and I expounded on this more in the panic room don’t want to derail this thread…but don’t we want a coastal to amplify off the outer banks?  That’s why I was disturbed that a weak ass coastal east of the outer banks blasted a low level warm later NW of 95. Book worthy?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

The NAM has it because it amplifies the coastal some where others don’t. If you can call 1010 amplified lol. So it’s probably wrong.  But…and I expounded on this more in the panic room don’t want to derail this thread…but don’t we want a coastal to amplify off the outer banks?  That’s why I was disturbed that a weak ass coastal east of the outer banks blasted a low level warm later NW of 95. Book worthy?  

Book worthy if it actually happens

2 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Majority of the precip is before we lose the thermals though. 

Agreed.    While this could still potentially move further in the wrong direction (and to be clear, I think we'd be good for a while regardless), the NAM Nest is fine for snow for most of the area through the prime portion of the event.  In fact, the "Ferrier" accumulation, which is completely driven by the model microphysics, has a nice accumulation for many, indicating that the model has the hydrometeors falling as snow for plenty of the key hours, even if it turns to some light freezing rain Tuesday morning:

image.thumb.gif.3ffc04571eac136aba5958a468f5bf8b.gif

• Like 17
  • Weenie 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

lol, snow begins around 4am tomorrow

I’ve not been watching closely for the last 24 hours or so, but this is the part I’ve been confused by. Some guidance showing this thin front running band early tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DDweatherman said:

I’m intrigued by the heights continuing to trend higher out front. Could see this trending up a bit more as we get to game time. 2-4” for most from HGR to BWI on a lot of these runs. I’ll take my chances with QPF modeled over us for 24-30 hrs

• Like 3