• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weather Event of 2023 in your POV

George BM

A little late but I'll just get right into it.

1.) I'd have to pick to April 1st wind event. Got a couple of NW gusts that night to near 60mph which took out a 15-20ft section of the fence IMBY.

2.) Severe thunderstorm w/ quarter to ping pong ball sized hail, torrential rains and gusty winds on July 14th. The largest hail that I've personally seen in my lifetime so far.

3.) Peak severe season or rather Canadian smoke season as it turned out to be. Just a strangely quiet May/June severe season locally with smoke (whether elevated or at the surface) seemingly every other day. If we got hit the way NYC got hit on June 7th this would probably rank 2nd or possibly 1st place for me.

Curious in reading your thoughts about 2023 below... if y'all aren't too busy tracking our next winter threat. ^_^

• Like 1

Didn’t happen in Richmond, but in Blacksburg probably September 10th. Thunderstorms dropped 4.4” of rain during a football game in a short time. I was not under the heaviest rain so probably got half that amount but the lightning was super active. Super lucky no one got struck, but it was way too close.

• Like 2

Super hot in south central TX. We started out with 102 degree days along with 78 degree dewpoints. It felt like 119. I was getting sick. I had to work out in it. Then just 103 to 104 day after day, with 67 degree dews for weeks. A few days we hit 108. That hellish sun killed so many of my moms plants!

That's what I remember most about the weather in 2023.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

The smoke from the Canada wildfires. That will be something I will never forget. Nothing else came close to being that memorable for me weatherwise in 2023. 

That and the early August severe event. 

• Like 2