• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

I was 31 when DT said it was physically impossible for Dec 5th 2003 to get north of the m/d line.  Time flies.
Weathafella is 103. Uncle weathbee I think is gone

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

That was december 2001.  We were at WWBB or maybe weather.com.  JB kept promising us vodka cold and I hit 81 on January 30th 2002
Yes but he nailed the 500mb

• Haha 1

What's the Pittsburgh rule dare I ask? Lol
I still have no idea. Some complicated rule about baro pressure in Pittsburgh...Boston temps.. Atlanta something

Just now, Ji said:

I still remember when Keith Allen said pd 2003 was going to be rain. Ignored your Pittsburgh rule

Not a good night for Doug Hill who went 8-14".  Shutt/Ryan/Palka went all-in.  You can't miss the big ones.  

Not a good night for Doug Hill who went 8-14".  Shutt/Ryan/Palka went all-in.  You can't miss the big ones.  
Guess he wasn't buying the 1050 high and subtropical jet out to Hawaii. Rip

• Sad 1

You should go back to zwyts while your still able to type

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

OK I'm back...

After digesting all the 0z guidance and ensembles... if the euro can get on board tonight we might finally have consensus.  The GGEM op is a major outlier even among its own ensembles.  UKMET is the most amplified solution which is no shock if you follow the UKMET at all.  But other than the GGEM op everything else is within a more narrow envelope of solutions now tonight.  If the euro comes in with something within the same envelope in 20 mins my confidence that we have a good chance to end the streak will go up significantly. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ji said:

Guess he wasn't buying the 1050 high and subtropical jet out to Hawaii. Rip

He was defiant...you could tell he was conflicted.  5 minutes later Bob Ryan looks like a deer in headlights and goes 18-24"

8 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

That was december 2001.  We were at WWBB or maybe weather.com.  JB kept promising us vodka cold and I hit 81 on January 30th 2002

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

I still remember when Keith Allen said pd 2003 was going to be rain. Ignored your Pittsburgh rule

I remember reading Gary Gray and his long posts breaking down each model run before PD2. I had just turned 30. 20 years in the blink of an eye!

• Like 3

was that the official 936-1212 forecast or did Sidney Secular overrule him
No Howard updated us in a thread what Keith Allen's thoughts was about the storm. Not sure if Howard agreed or was just being the messenger

Megawatt thought they were both crazy

Just now, Ji said:

No Howard updated us in a thread what Keith Allen's thoughts was about the storm. Not sure if Howard agreed or was just being the messenger

Megawatt thought they were both crazy

HM went like 24-36".  We didn't know he was only like 13 at the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

He was defiant...you could tell he was conflicted.  5 minutes later Bob Ryan looks like a deer in headlights and goes 18-24"

Ryan said about 1996 I think “a storm of biblical proportions” When Ryan got wound  up about snow, things turned outb good. 

• Like 1

I still talk to Gary sometimes  
How long does that conversation take? You remember that one poster who would summarize lc dt jb and Gary in a daily post? I think it was buckeye or that guy from Kentucky...Beau?

It was wild having one forum for all the regions

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic